I got my Gold Trainer Card

....after FINALLY getting around to beat 50-odd trainers in the Battle Tower.
Now I'm the envy of nerds with Silver Cards everywhere. Whee.

Oh, and yes I'm still here.

Hello.

<waves>

--
-----------
Deep Thought

    > ...after FINALLY getting around to beat 50-odd trainers in the Battle Tower.
    > Now I'm the envy of nerds with Silver Cards everywhere. Whee.
    >
    > Oh, and yes I'm still here.
    >
    > Hello.
    >
    > <waves>

    What's the criteria?

    I just achieved 50 consecutive wins too, and before that I had a bronze
    card.

    "luneric" <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:4103e071$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > > ...after FINALLY getting around to beat 50-odd trainers in the Battle
    Tower.
    > > Now I'm the envy of nerds with Silver Cards everywhere. Whee.
    >
    > What's the criteria?
    >
    > I just achieved 50 consecutive wins too, and before that I had a bronze
    > card.

    Beat Elite, get 200 'mon, beat all contests, get 50[1] wins in Battle Tower.
    One star per milestone, accompanied by a card colour change. Green, bronze,
    silver, gold.

    I've heard a fifth star is gained for registering 70 trainers in your
    PokéGear, but since I don't have an E-Card Reader[2], I'm not sure whether
    that's true or not. I've never cared that much about the colour of my card,
    so the upgrades I have are the result of the elements I DO care about.

    I doubt I'll ever get the contest star, and since the only purpose of an
    E-Card Reader for me would be to get that 70th trainer, there's not much
    point in getting one until I only need one more star.

    --
    Steffan

    [1] I was under the impression it was 100, but unless DeepThought is a liar,
    I was mistaken.

    [2] I hope Nintendo of Europe break their faces.

    Steffan Alun <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
    <SNIP>
    > I've heard a fifth star is gained for registering 70 trainers in your
    > PokéGear, but since I don't have an E-Card Reader[2], I'm not sure
    > whether that's true or not. I've never cared that much about the
    > colour of my card, so the upgrades I have are the result of the
    > elements I DO care about.
    <SNIP>

    That's pretty damn cool, and might actually lead me to think about buying
    some of those acursed Pokemon R/S e-cards.

    The obvious problem being, of course, a new star would warrant a card color
    upgrade. A platinum card would look exactly the same as a silver card.
    A red card might confuse football [aka Soccer] players.
    A green card, besides already partially existing in the starting Teal card,
    might confuse immigrants to the US.
    A black or white card would lead to interesting jokes about playing the race
    card.

    Hmm.

    Blue maybe?

    Mauve?

    Anybody?

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    luneric <luneric@dontrit> wrote:
    > What's the criteria?
    >
    > I just achieved 50 consecutive wins too, and before that I had a
    > bronze
    > card.

    http://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/trainer.shtml

    The steps he sets for each card are freely exchangeable, save for any card
    events that beating the E4 would unlock.

    He also says the card is awarded for "100 Win Streak in the Battle Tower",
    but I only got a 50 streak.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    Steffan Alun <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
    > Beat Elite, get 200 'mon, beat all contests, get 50[1] wins in Battle
    > Tower. One star per milestone, accompanied by a card colour change.
    > Green, bronze, silver, gold.

    Yes, I suppose I'll make a new message to respond to every paragraph of your
    post, because I'm cool like that. And OE Quotefix helpfully snipped
    everything beneath your sig line.

    > [1] I was under the impression it was 100, but unless DeepThought is a
    liar,
    > I was mistaken.

    Honestly, I was just as surprised. I read the site I quoted for luneric, and
    it said go for a streak of 100. Sighing, I plunged forward. I had previously
    messed around in the Battle Tower, so when I got to 56 or whatever, and the
    nice man handed me my shield, I took a look at my card to find, very
    shocked, a shiny yellowish gold one instead of my grey silver one.

    As stated above, I had poked around in the tower before, so the back of my
    nice gold card says:
    "BATTLE TOWER W/ 264& 56 STRAIGHT"

    So, of course, it may be "100 battle tower fights" or "A streak of 50 at the
    battle tower" or both, but it's most certainly not "A streak of 100 at the
    battle tower". That's all I know.

    <shrug>

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    "DeepThought" <deep_42_thought@hotmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    > <SNIP>
    > > I've heard a fifth star is gained for registering 70 trainers in your
    > > PokéGear, but since I don't have an E-Card Reader[2], I'm not sure
    > > whether that's true or not. I've never cared that much about the
    > > colour of my card, so the upgrades I have are the result of the
    > > elements I DO care about.
    > <SNIP>
    >
    > That's pretty damn cool, and might actually lead me to think about buying
    > some of those acursed Pokemon R/S e-cards.

    As I said, though, I'm not actually sure whether it's true. I've not looked
    into the meaning of the stars since I first got the game, which was also the
    point at which I "discovered" the 100-trainer thing. My information may
    well, therefore, be coloured by 2003-era speculation.

    --
    Steffan

    "luneric" <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:4103e071$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    > > ...after FINALLY getting around to beat 50-odd trainers in the Battle
    Tower.
    > > Now I'm the envy of nerds with Silver Cards everywhere. Whee.
    > >
    > > Oh, and yes I'm still here.
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > >
    > > <waves>
    >
    > What's the criteria?
    >
    > I just achieved 50 consecutive wins too, and before that I had a bronze
    > card.

    Is it 50 win level 100 or 50 or both? And also can you another star for
    getting 100 wins?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "DeepThought" <deep_42_thought@hotmailEARTH.com> wrote in message

    SNIP

    > As stated above, I had poked around in the tower before, so the back of my
    > nice gold card says:
    > "BATTLE TOWER W/ 264& 56 STRAIGHT"
    >
    > So, of course, it may be "100 battle tower fights" or "A streak of 50 at
    the
    > battle tower" or both, but it's most certainly not "A streak of 100 at the
    > battle tower". That's all I know.

    I think you get a shield at 50 straight wins and another shield at 100
    straight wins. Then that means you only have to battle in the tower 100
    times to get a star and change your colour. But I haven't played in the
    Battle Tower, and I have noone to battle with. <sigh>

    BTW, congrats on the colour change...I'm jelous!

    daramark

Games Nintendo Video Games