Moving Certificate Services to a new server

I have a enterprise root CA on a Windows 2000 member
server that I would like to move to newer hardware. I
have found kb article 298138. It shows how to move the
CA.

My question is, if we decide to move it, we will reset the
computer account in AD when we join the new box to the
domain with the same name. Will that create a problem?
In the same manner, if for some reason the move fails, we
want to turn the old CA server back on and thus put us
back to square 1. We would need to reset the AD account
again.

It would seem that I was given bad information. It
appears the CA is on a Domain Controller.