Windows 2000 Pro re-install

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I am trying to re-install W2K Pro. I booted to the cd,
deleted the partition, re-formatted and when windows goes
into the GUI part of the setup it comes up with a message
wanting the SP 2 Cd? I have tried formatting both in FAT
and NTFS, but same issue.

Dave wrote:

> I am trying to re-install W2K Pro. I booted to the cd,
> deleted the partition, re-formatted and when windows goes
> into the GUI part of the setup it comes up with a message
> wanting the SP 2 Cd? I have tried formatting both in FAT
> and NTFS, but same issue.

Windows 2000 installation may be a little picky when it
comes to machine specifications. If the CPU and/or RAM
is being over-clocked, re-configure to the manufacturer's
specifications. Or use the factory default settings. Even
when a service pack has been slipstreamed into the install
cdrom, the process remains automatic.