Duplicate arcs

How common is it to get the same list of missions and arcs from two
different contacts? I ended up with the same set, almost in step, from
Meraux in FF and Valenzuela in Bricktown. Don't recall that happening
before.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

In article <Xns95EC81DAD4187nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
Shenanigunner wrote:
> How common is it to get the same list of missions and arcs from two
> different contacts? I ended up with the same set, almost in step, from
> Meraux in FF and Valenzuela in Bricktown. Don't recall that happening
> before.

It happens a couple times in those tiers. Maybe they just ran out of
different missions to put in, but I ran into a number of "rerun" arcs
from 25-35. Haven't had any reruns since then though.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
> It happens a couple times in those tiers. Maybe they just ran out of
> different missions to put in, but I ran into a number of "rerun" arcs
> from 25-35. Haven't had any reruns since then though.

"What? Just how many times do I have to save this a-hole from becoming a
Warwolf, anyway?"

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

<SNIP>

> "What? Just how many times do I have to save this a-hole from
> becoming a Warwolf, anyway?"

Every?

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> "What? Just how many times do I have to save this a-hole from
>> becoming a Warwolf, anyway?"

> Every?

One more time, and I LET the guy get rabies!

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>How common is it to get the same list of missions and arcs from two
>different contacts? I ended up with the same set, almost in step, from
>Meraux in FF and Valenzuela in Bricktown. Don't recall that happening
>before.

Several times. Actually the dupe missions start in the IP/Talos range.

There's a certain DE chain, that starts off with something basic and
chains into 2-3 other missions, the last of which is rescue Ambassador
Zyla. I had 2 Zyla missions at the same time at one point on Shadeling
(even have a screenshot).

See also the "rescue lawyers from DE" mission
So and so's cover has been blown, where So and so is a guy who testified
against the Family and is in the witness protection program.

Some dude turning into a warwolf mission.

Family mission where some family guy has been stealing - if you rescue
him I think he gives info.

I think it's simply that the experience per level has grown so much
higher they just don't have enough missions for you to do without duping
some - this will change as they add more content.

Xocyll

> J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
>>> "What? Just how many times do I have to save this a-hole from
>>> becoming a Warwolf, anyway?"
>
>> Every?
>
> One more time, and I LET the guy get rabies!

That's how I felt about the 'Save the Lawyers', after running it twice
from my contacts, and 4 times for other people.

I just hope they didn't work for Marvel.

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> I had 2 Zyla missions at the same time at one point...
> See also the "rescue lawyers from DE" mission...
> So and so's cover has been blown...
> Some dude turning into a warwolf mission...
> Family mission where some family guy has been stealing...

Yup. Had all of those in multiple. Plus another CoT arc, I think.

> I think it's simply that the experience per level has grown so much
> higher they just don't have enough missions for you to do without
> duping some - this will change as they add more content.

Maybe. Jeez, it doesn't seem like it would be a major task to write and
code some more missions - I'm a little fuzzy on the actualities, but
it's just a script in a predefined room, riding on a simple story line.

I'd honestly prefer to have increased regular content over things like
the Halloween and Winter events. They're amusing for a bit, and clearly
the big-xp mavens love them, but... bleah.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> I had 2 Zyla missions at the same time at one point...
>> See also the "rescue lawyers from DE" mission...
>> So and so's cover has been blown...
>> Some dude turning into a warwolf mission...
>> Family mission where some family guy has been stealing...
>
>Yup. Had all of those in multiple. Plus another CoT arc, I think.

Yeah I think you're right about CoT.

>> I think it's simply that the experience per level has grown so much
>> higher they just don't have enough missions for you to do without
>> duping some - this will change as they add more content.
>
>Maybe. Jeez, it doesn't seem like it would be a major task to write and
>code some more missions - I'm a little fuzzy on the actualities, but
>it's just a script in a predefined room, riding on a simple story line.
>
>I'd honestly prefer to have increased regular content over things like
>the Halloween and Winter events. They're amusing for a bit, and clearly
>the big-xp mavens love them, but... bleah.

The Winter event is the big XP, Halloween wasn't.

The Halloween event was much more in tune with the holiday, eternal
darkness, multiple different mobs, including brand new ones.

I'd expected more of a feeling for the winter event, snow, blizzards,
etc, not just giant reskinned Kraken/Hydras wandering around.

Great exp, lousy event.

Xocyll