Does Newegg with UPS make you sign for delivery?

rschauby

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
I got an order from Newegg 3 weeks ago from UPS and the driver just rang the door bell and drove off. I think in your order confirmation you can give special instructions to require a signature. It might also depend on your local UPS delivery service.

doubletake33

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
Man hope your there when they deliver because you will get a mixed bag of tricks with those guys ( that includes FED-EX too! ) Got a friend at work who bought a 7900gs that UPS just left at his door step at his apartment complex. FED-EX are lazy! Just yesterday a order my wife made they just dropped it at the managers office at my apartment because its too easy for them to do. Man I could go on and on!

So basically.............HELL YEAH you better be there when those guys stop by!

One last true story! One time I had a package come by way of UPS and I was watching this guy through the peep hole to see what he would do: walked up to the door, pressed the door bell one time and immediately turned around and started back to his truck. That took like 1.5 seconds flat and he didn't even have my package in hand either! :evil:

buran

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
When I ordered the parts for my computer, well, they came in 3 big boxes. UPS left them there on my porch for the whole world (actually, probably like 5 people who drove by, ). Kinda bugged me, considering it was 1300 dollars worth of stuff just sitting there. O well, nothing was broken.

illinikevin

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2006
I stopped buying from newegg due to problems with UPS. Zip Zoom Fly is only slightly more expensive and I have much better service from FedEx. With either delivery service you can call and have them hold the package and pick it up at the local center.

UPS usually leaves a sticky for you to let you know they will attempt to deliver again. What I usually do is call them and tell them I will presonally pick it up from the UPS depot.

One time however, they simply left the package right in front of my apartment door for everyone passing by to see. I didn't like that especially when I told them to leave it at the depot for me to pick up.

Fulmar

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
UPS usually leaves a sticky for you to let you know they will attempt to deliver again. What I usually do is call them and tell them I will presonally pick it up from the UPS depot.

One time however, they simply left the package right in front of my apartment door for everyone passing by to see. I didn't like that especially when I told them to leave it at the depot for me to pick up.

90% of the time I've had to sign for it - thats why I had it shipped to my work. A few times they leave it outside the door.

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Newegg has no control what ups does with your package. i have always had to sign for a ups package, if you live in an apartment complex and your not home normally they drop it off at the leasing office and then you can pick it up there.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I've never once had to sign for a package from newegg. Last year when I ordered my current box, UPS left 2 grand worth of hardware out on my front porch without a signature.

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
It seems people have had mixed results here. Personally, every UPS shipped item I've ordered just gets dropped off at the door, with the UPS guy sprinting back to his truck. FED-EX, however, has always required me to sign. I guess your results will vary.

minty

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Okay, as someone with first hand knowledge here is the official policy. If Newegg specifies an "adult" sig is required the driver must obtain it from someone who answers the door. Otherwise, it is completely up to the driver to get any sig, drop and go, or leave a notice. That having been said, if your pkg gets boosted, UPS would have to pay a claim to Newegg, NOT you. Then whatever policy, if any, egg has would be applied to you. Me, I have a mailbox etc address so I always get a secured, signed delivery. YMMV.

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
It seems people have had mixed results here. Personally, every UPS shipped item I've ordered just gets dropped off at the door, with the UPS guy sprinting back to his truck. FED-EX, however, has always required me to sign. I guess your results will vary.
My deliveries lately match ALANMAN with UPS drop and go with Fed-Ex and DHL asking for a sig.

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I always have to sign for my UPS stuff. It doesn't matter if they drop it off or I pick it up, they always have me sign. I call them sometimes in the morning and have them save my stuff so I can pick it up there, though I'm lucky I work just down the street and it's no big deal to do that. You can also have them ship stuff directly to your work, if that would work for you. They will leave it there and have whoever is working can sign if you're not there, so if you don't think there would be any problems with co-workers/stuff missing you might try that.

90% of the time I've had to sign for it - thats why I had it shipped to my work. A few times they leave it outside the door.

That would be nice, but since I work in NYC and my company (and most of the major businesses) do not allow personal packages to be delivered to the workplace because it is a security risk. That's mostly due to 9/11.

doubletake33

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
Well what do ya know lazy-ass FED-EX just pulled another fast one on me again today! A split delivery I had from one retail that UPS and FED-EX were to deliver today. UPS came to the door and actually waited for me to get the door this time! Lazy-FED-EX just like they did me on Friday only stopped at my apt. managers office and dumped the second part there. The apt. managers must now be pissed at me because it arrived at 10:40am and they didn't call me this time like they did last Friday with an attitude like I'm personally having my stuff dumped on them! This time I filed a complaint!