Sign in with
Your question

GigaWorks S750 vs GigaWorks G550W

Last response: in Components
February 25, 2007 12:19:59 AM

Hi to everyone.
I want to buy a good soundsystem to watch movies and to listen music, i was wondering about this two sound systems:

GigaWorks S750 vs GigaWorks G550W

They have the same price 427€, and the quality of both is great but wich is better?

Tomshardware Review of G550W
X-bit labs S750 review

PS: I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Thanks!
February 25, 2007 1:19:41 AM

eduardo, you can also look at other companies
such as the LOGITECH Z-5500 and Z-5350

I got the older version Z-5300 and Im preety much happy with them :D 
February 25, 2007 9:50:44 AM

Hi.
Thanks for replying, i found that this system is a very good deal for under 300€, but i think creative sound system have much better overall quality.

Review Logitech Z-5500

But i think i'll go for Creative Gigaworks S750 because they have 700 watts RMS, and it seems that the bass is much better than the other two systems.

I think the only downside would be the wiring and of course the price 430€ isn't cheap.

I would like to hear the oppinio of someone that have Creative Gigaworks Sound System.

Thanks.
April 24, 2007 6:51:41 PM

I'm the proud owner of a set of Gigaworks S750 and can say with certainty (subjectively of course :wink: ) that they are the BEST computer speakers on the market. However, they don't hold a candle to a good set of home cinema speakers. But to be fair, it's like comparing oranges and apples, at least here in Malta you haven't got a chance of getting a decent set of 7.1 cinema speakers with an amp for the price of the Gigaworks. Also, everything depends of the size of your setup etc. For a desktop setup the Gigaworks are more than anything you'll ever need. At full blast you'll be applying for a hearing aid in no time.
!