standby option has disappeared

I have a Thinkpad X-20. The standby option on the shutdown
menu has disappeared. It has also disappeared from power
management menus, and I cannot make it standby with the
function keys. Any ideas?

KB article 188134 article should sum it up for you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q188/1/34.asp&NoWebContent=1

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support