Picasa is now free from Google

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.gr.windows.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

free for personal use

http://www.picasa.com/
its a good program for viewing and editing images,
original in its design.

peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.gr.windows.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

and a huge hog of memory. It was always free

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> free for personal use
>
> http://www.picasa.com/
> its a good program for viewing and editing images,
> original in its design.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.gr.windows.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

version 1.6 wasnt

> and a huge hog of memory. It was always free
>
> --
> Peter.
> Toronto, Canada.
> XP Home SP2.
> P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> free for personal use
>>
>> http://www.picasa.com/
>> its a good program for viewing and editing images,
>> original in its design.

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.gr.windows.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hard to beat IrfanView.
http://www.irfanview.com/

--

Kenny Cargill

> version 1.6 wasnt
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> and a huge hog of memory. It was always free
>>
>> --
>> Peter.
>> Toronto, Canada.
>> XP Home SP2.
>> P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
>> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>> free for personal use
>>>
>>> http://www.picasa.com/
>>> its a good program for viewing and editing images,
>>> original in its design.

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Kenny S wrote:
> version 1.6 wasnt
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>and a huge hog of memory. It was always free
>>
>>--
>>Peter.
>>Toronto, Canada.
>>XP Home SP2.
>>P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
>>"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>free for personal use
>>>
>>>http://www.picasa.com/
>>>its a good program for viewing and editing images,
>>>original in its design.

Picasa is spyware! I have a private website running on a non-standard
port. Withing one hour of installing Picasa and letting it access the
internet, I had two google bots trying to index my site. I have a
<META NAME="robots" CONTENT="none, noindex, noarchive, nofollow">
in every web page, but they read half a dozen pages anyway.

A month later, one came back looked for a robots.txt file, and checked
my front page for changes. So I have added a robots.txt file. My copy of
Picasa went to bit heaven.

Roger

peter

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.gr.windows.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

So did mine... RIP Picasa

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"Roger" <crosseyedpenguin@cox.net> wrote in message
> Kenny S wrote:
>> version 1.6 wasnt
>>

>> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>and a huge hog of memory. It was always free
>>>
>>>--
>>>Peter.
>>>Toronto, Canada.
>>>XP Home SP2.
>>>P4 @ 3.0ghz, 160gb HDD, 1.0gb DDR.
>>>"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message

> Picasa is spyware! I have a private website running on a non-standard
> port. Withing one hour of installing Picasa and letting it access the
> internet, I had two google bots trying to index my site. I have a
> <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="none, noindex, noarchive, nofollow">
> in every web page, but they read half a dozen pages anyway.
>
> A month later, one came back looked for a robots.txt file, and checked my
> front page for changes. So I have added a robots.txt file. My copy of
> Picasa went to bit heaven.
>
> Roger

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.gr.windows.client,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I was interested in the free utility: Google Desktop. The idea of it is creative, a new
way of being able to quickly find almost any type of file and/or email, on your system, or
web sites as well. I installed it, tried it out, and was very impressed, UNTIL I realized
that it accessed the internet at will. That meant all of the information on my system
could be easily appropriated, statistics of which programs I use, or types of software I
use could be easily monitored, as well as keystrokes or personal information. Google
might promise that the Google Desktop is safe, and that no information will be made
available to third parties, BUT, after two MAJOR hacks for stealing identities at
companies that thought the information was secure were in the news during the last couple
of weeks, and then the infamous AOL employee selling User Info scandal, I decided to
uninstall the Google Desktop. Too bad, because it was a new, fast and easy way of data
retrieval, cataloging the search hits by file type, even email from Outlook and Outlook
Express could be found as if each email was a separate file. I wish that I could have the
trust to use Goggle Desktop, because it is really amazing...

T.C.