Cannot logon after SP4

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 4, 2004 12:51:04 PM

Hi group. Just bought a new HP ML370G3 server with dual processor, and
having a nightmare trying to install Windows 2000.

Newly installed server, Windows 2000 without any domain.

After installing service pack 4, reboot, using the administrator password,
we cannot login even though we know that the password and id is correct.

This has been the 10th time reinstalltion, hence it is impossible that we
don't remember the password. I'm really stumped at this.

Is there a known bug in SP4 installation? SP4 installation went fine without
errors, but after rebooting the server, we're not able to login.
--
Steven Ung
"The source of all greatness lies within you" - Anonymous

More about : logon sp4

May 4, 2004 12:51:05 PM

I have never encountered your problem but have you tried
to solve it by viping out the administrator password?
There are free software on the net for this - just do a
google.

Cheers & Peace
EBE

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 9:43:48 PM

Thanks for replying EBE. I'm continuing this thread in the Logon Loop posted
by Michael.