I Cant reinstall W2k

When I try to reinstall W2K from the 4 disks and after
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

After checking the hard drive using CHKDSK /F and scanning
viruses I try againg the installation booting from the
installation disks with the same problem.

How can I solve this problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about reinstall

    You didn't mention the drive controller (possibly SCSI, or ultra DMA, or
    ATA100, or raid, or serial ATA), but you may need to boot the Windows 2000
    setup disks or CD-Rom and *F6* very early and very important (at setup is
    inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection,
    and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to
    insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2000 driver for your drive's
    controller in drive "A"

    If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
    late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
    resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Cesar" wrote:
    | When I try to reinstall W2K from the 4 disks and after
    | INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
    |
    | After checking the hard drive using CHKDSK /F and scanning
    | viruses I try againg the installation booting from the
    | installation disks with the same problem.
    |
    | How can I solve this problem?

    The drive has this interface
    Ultra DMA 100 support (ATA-5)

    I don't have any floppy with drivers for this HD
    I only have the product recovery CD-ROM with the OS W2K
    In order to use it I have to boot with a win 98 recovery
    CD that try to copy some files in the HD but it cannot
    recognize this NTFS unit.

    That's the reason why I have to use the 4 install disks.

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"Cesar" wrote:
    >| When I try to reinstall W2K from the 4 disks and after
    >| INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
    >|
    >| After checking the hard drive using CHKDSK /F and
    scanning
    >| viruses I try againg the installation booting from the
    >| installation disks with the same problem.
    >|
    >| How can I solve this problem?
    >

    >.

    You'll want to boot the Windows 2000 setup disks or CD-Rom. The set of four
    install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
    \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
    makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

    Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system)
    in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify
    additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer
    supplied Windows 2000 driver for your ultra ATA controller in drive "A"

    If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
    late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
    resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

    Get the driver from the pc, mother board or controller manufacturer's web
    site.

    --

    "Cesar" wrote:
    | The drive has this interface
    | Ultra DMA 100 support (ATA-5)
    |
    | I don't have any floppy with drivers for this HD
    | I only have the product recovery CD-ROM with the OS W2K
    | In order to use it I have to boot with a win 98 recovery
    | CD that try to copy some files in the HD but it cannot
    | recognize this NTFS unit.
    |
    | That's the reason why I have to use the 4 install disks.

Microsoft Hard Drives Windows