Windows 2000 SP4 integrated is failing during setup

Cody

I am installing off of installation floppies I made off
this CD. When it gets done partitioning and formatting
the drive, this error always comes up:

"The following value in the .SIF file used by Setup is
corrupted or missing:

Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDisksFiles]
with key "sp4.cab"

Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3"

the CD has sp4.cab and the file seems to be fine.

This is a slightly dated dell laptop, but it meets all
the requirements for windows 2000 and was running this OS
before.

Thanks for any help!

Try creating a new set of floppies. The set of four install disks can be
created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on
the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit)
and follow the prompts.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Cody" wrote:
|I am installing off of installation floppies I made off
| this CD. When it gets done partitioning and formatting
| the drive, this error always comes up:
|
| "The following value in the .SIF file used by Setup is
| corrupted or missing:
|
| Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDisksFiles]
| with key "sp4.cab"
|
| Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3"
|
| the CD has sp4.cab and the file seems to be fine.
|
| This is a slightly dated dell laptop, but it meets all
| the requirements for windows 2000 and was running this OS
| before.
|
| Thanks for any help!

I have already attempted this. I made the floppies off
of the CD a few times, and I also made the floppies off
of a website that I found the images on, just in case
something was wrong with the floppies off the CD.

I also tried 4 new disks with the same result.

Cody

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"Cody" wrote:
>|I am installing off of installation floppies I made off
>| this CD. When it gets done partitioning and formatting
>| the drive, this error always comes up:
>|
>| "The following value in the .SIF file used by Setup is
>| corrupted or missing:
>|
>| Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDisksFiles]
>| with key "sp4.cab"
>|
>| Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3"
>|
>| the CD has sp4.cab and the file seems to be fine.
>|
>| This is a slightly dated dell laptop, but it meets all
>| the requirements for windows 2000 and was running this
OS
>| before.
>|
>| Thanks for any help!
>

>.

How was the integrated install created?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

|I have already attempted this. I made the floppies off
| of the CD a few times, and I also made the floppies off
| of a website that I found the images on, just in case
| something was wrong with the floppies off the CD.
|
| I also tried 4 new disks with the same result.
|
| Cody

| >|
| >| "The following value in the .SIF file used by Setup is
| >| corrupted or missing:
| >|
| >| Value 0 on the line in section [SourceDisksFiles]
| >| with key "sp4.cab"
| >|
| >| Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3"
| >|
| >| the CD has sp4.cab and the file seems to be fine.
| >|
| >| This is a slightly dated dell laptop, but it meets all
| >| the requirements for windows 2000 and was running this
| OS
| >| before.
| >|
| >| Thanks for any help!
| >

| >.

I believe it's a CD from microsoft with SP4 already integrated.

Cody

On Wed, 5 May 2004 10:16:52 -0600, "Dave Patrick"
<mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote:

>How was the integrated install created?

Does it have the detailed hologram image on the disk? Are there any
instructions on it? You may need to boot the CD-Rom.

--

"Ludicrous" wrote:
|I believe it's a CD from microsoft with SP4 already integrated.
|
| Cody
|
| On Wed, 5 May 2004 10:16:52 -0600, "Dave Patrick"
| <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote:
|
| >How was the integrated install created?

I recall that in winnt.sif, If you are running Unattended
Setup from the CD-ROM, you must set the Msdosinitiated key
to 0, but if you start Setup from 4 floppies, that key
should be set to 1.
At least that is the case in Windows NT4.0 (3 floppies
there), as detailed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -
123765
The WINNT.SIF File Created by WINNT and WINNT32

newsgroup.