Windows 2000 installation problems! HELP!!!

I recently assembled a new PC with the following specs:
Asus P4PE/X motherboard
Inter Celeron 2.0 GHz
PC266 Kingston 256MB DDRAM memory
Inno3D 64MB video card
CDR/W drive

I tried to install the Windows 2000 Pro but an error
occured during installation. During copying of files, some
files were not copied and setup can not continue. This
also occurs in Windows XP but when I install Windows 98
the installation is smooth.
Please help. I really want to install Windows 2000 or XP
in my PC.
Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 installation problems help

    You didn't mention the drive controller (possibly SCSI, or ultra DMA, or
    ATA100, or raid, or serial ATA), but you may need to boot the Windows 2000
    setup disks or CD-Rom and *F6* very early and very important (at setup is
    inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection,
    and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to
    insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2000 driver for your drive's
    controller in drive "A"

    If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
    late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
    resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jigs" wrote:
    |I recently assembled a new PC with the following specs:
    | Asus P4PE/X motherboard
    | Inter Celeron 2.0 GHz
    | PC266 Kingston 256MB DDRAM memory
    | Inno3D 64MB video card
    | CDR/W drive
    |
    | I tried to install the Windows 2000 Pro but an error
    | occured during installation. During copying of files, some
    | files were not copied and setup can not continue. This
    | also occurs in Windows XP but when I install Windows 98
    | the installation is smooth.
    | Please help. I really want to install Windows 2000 or XP
    | in my PC.
    | Thanks!

    I am having the same issue. I have a toshiba 7200 cte notebook and I get
    the same error messages also.

    Any clues why?

    Thanks

    "Jigs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently assembled a new PC with the following specs:
    > Asus P4PE/X motherboard
    > Inter Celeron 2.0 GHz
    > PC266 Kingston 256MB DDRAM memory
    > Inno3D 64MB video card
    > CDR/W drive
    >
    > I tried to install the Windows 2000 Pro but an error
    > occured during installation. During copying of files, some
    > files were not copied and setup can not continue. This
    > also occurs in Windows XP but when I install Windows 98
    > the installation is smooth.
    > Please help. I really want to install Windows 2000 or XP
    > in my PC.
    > Thanks!

Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows