Catalyst 7.2 ISSUES

hijodeltiger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I cleared my previous nvidia drivers with drivercleaner3 and all that stuff.
i then install ati's drivers for my x1950pro and after all the installation process instead of the CCC i know i only get a screen saying that it is on basic view, and i don't know how to change it, as it has very few options to do anything.
has that happened to anybody else?

human_error

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
You have it in basic display mode for the CCC.

You have to go into options and change it to advanced, or go via the start menu into the ccc folder and select the advenced mode to startup in.

hijodeltiger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
What do you mean "go into options"? I don't see any options available.
And how do I set it to advanced mode in the start up?

Thanks.

human_error

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
By going into options theer should be some options in the basic version that allow you to change to the advanced tab.

To get straight into the advanced version go into your start menu>all programs> ati> catalyst control centre and then somewhere there should be CCC - ADVANCED as a program, run that and it'll load in advanmced mode.

hijodeltiger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I'm sorry, but I don't see any of those options. Do you know what could have happened during the installation process or something?

human_error

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
Ok, i need some more info first - what OS are you running?

If it's vista, which version, and is your account the main user (admin) or a basic user, if you don't know and it's your pc you will be admin.

Knowing these things will help in diagnosing the issue

Click the Advanced tab;

basiccatjd0.jpg

praeses

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
Ahh, did you only download the driver, not the complete package?

The file you want is: 7-2_xp_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_41238.exe (29.3MB)

Well in that case you aren't even getting to the control panel, either access it through the right clicking on the desktop and then select ATi Control Center, or go through the drop down list to properties, click, then the settings tab, then 'advanced'. Or go to the start menu all programs and select the Control Center.

hijodeltiger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
I am getting the control panel. It looks like the one TheGreatGrapeApe showed me, but without the skin and the advanced button. I did install the full package
(Catalyst Software Suite 29.3MB 7.2 Feb. 21, 2007 Display Driver
Catalyst Control Center
WDM Drivers)
WTH? This is so confusing.