Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst 7.2 ISSUES

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2007 1:41:26 PM

I cleared my previous nvidia drivers with drivercleaner3 and all that stuff.
i then install ati's drivers for my x1950pro and after all the installation process instead of the CCC i know i only get a screen saying that it is on basic view, and i don't know how to change it, as it has very few options to do anything.
has that happened to anybody else?

More about : catalyst issues

February 25, 2007 4:49:04 PM

You have it in basic display mode for the CCC.

You have to go into options and change it to advanced, or go via the start menu into the ccc folder and select the advenced mode to startup in.
February 25, 2007 6:42:50 PM

What do you mean "go into options"? I don't see any options available.
And how do I set it to advanced mode in the start up?

Thanks.
Related resources
February 25, 2007 6:45:11 PM

By going into options theer should be some options in the basic version that allow you to change to the advanced tab.

To get straight into the advanced version go into your start menu>all programs> ati> catalyst control centre and then somewhere there should be CCC - ADVANCED as a program, run that and it'll load in advanmced mode.
February 25, 2007 6:46:12 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't see any of those options. Do you know what could have happened during the installation process or something?
February 25, 2007 6:48:07 PM

Ok, i need some more info first - what OS are you running?

If it's vista, which version, and is your account the main user (admin) or a basic user, if you don't know and it's your pc you will be admin.

Knowing these things will help in diagnosing the issue
February 25, 2007 6:50:11 PM

Thanks for the help.

I'm running Windows XP Professional 32-bit. I'm under the administrator account.
February 25, 2007 7:34:32 PM

I can't see that button. As a matter of fact, I don't even see the skin, it's windows themed.
Do you know what could be wrong?
February 25, 2007 7:44:55 PM

Ahh, did you only download the driver, not the complete package?

The file you want is: 7-2_xp_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_41238.exe (29.3MB)
February 25, 2007 7:45:37 PM

Well in that case you aren't even getting to the control panel, either access it through the right clicking on the desktop and then select ATi Control Center, or go through the drop down list to properties, click, then the settings tab, then 'advanced'. Or go to the start menu all programs and select the Control Center.
February 25, 2007 7:51:28 PM

I am getting the control panel. It looks like the one TheGreatGrapeApe showed me, but without the skin and the advanced button. I did install the full package
(Catalyst Software Suite 29.3MB 7.2 Feb. 21, 2007 Display Driver
Catalyst Control Center
WDM Drivers)
WTH? This is so confusing.
February 25, 2007 8:26:22 PM

Well the skin you chose afterwards (just showing the one I use) but you should have access to it somewhere, if not check the knowledge base.
February 25, 2007 8:45:09 PM

i fixed it!!!
i simply reinstall the individual packet, and did a repair, and dizzam.
thanks a lot guys. i really appreciate it.
!