unwanted PPP connection

Hi,

I have a Dell server with 2 network connections running
Window 2000 server. I have one of the network
connections
disabled. When I run IPCONFIG, my server has listed 1
valid network connection with the right IP configurations
and 1 PPP adapter. I have no idea how the PPP adapter
came about. Do you have any idea how I can tell what
this
PPP adapter is used for or even needed? I do not see a
dialup connection on this server. I would like to
get ride of this adapter if I can. This server is not
directly connected to the internet - it is on a network
and has internet access.

Thanks

Mark

Do you have a modem?