Bios not responding (new system), Please Help

shizza

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
When I power on the system all the fans spin up and I can feel the HDD vibrating and the monitor then turns on and goes to the bios splash screen (press Delete to enter bios) but my keyboard won't respond. Tried a different keyboard (the one I'm typing with now) with no response.

edit: Just to make this clear, I can't enter the bios at all, it just sits on the splash screen that says "press delete."

Curiously, I could only get the monitor to turn on by using the left dvi port and a dvi->vgi adapter (right dvi on gpu didn't work).

System specs:

antec p180
corsair 620hx
E4300 core2
gigabyte DS3 rev-3.3 mb
corsair 2gig 6400 4-4-4-12
gigabyte geforce 7600gt
seagate 320gig OEM hd sata
tuniq tower
- no optical drive yet
- no floppy drive

Currently I'm getting no motherboard beeps (if it is beeping, it's extremely quiet to the point where I can't hear it). I can't get the keyboard to respond at all: no numlock, no entering bios.

There is no OS on this hd, it's bran new and completely blank.

Anyone have any tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

knowsitall

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
When I power on the system all the fans spin up and I can feel the HDD vibrating and the monitor then turns on and goes to the bios splash screen (press Delete to enter bios) but my keyboard won't respond. Tried a different keyboard (the one I'm typing with now) with no response.

edit: Just to make this clear, I can't enter the bios at all, it just sits on the splash screen that says "press delete."

Curiously, I could only get the monitor to turn on by using the left dvi port and a dvi->vgi adapter (right dvi on gpu didn't work).

System specs:

antec p180
corsair 620hx
E4300 core2
gigabyte DS3 rev-3.3 mb
corsair 2gig 6400 4-4-4-12
gigabyte geforce 7600gt
seagate 320gig OEM hd sata
tuniq tower
- no optical drive yet
- no floppy drive

Currently I'm getting no motherboard beeps (if it is beeping, it's extremely quiet to the point where I can't hear it). I can't get the keyboard to respond at all: no numlock, no entering bios.

There is no OS on this hd, it's bran new and completely blank.

Anyone have any tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hey i do have a suggestion that may or may not work. If you are using a ps2 (i believe this is what it is called.) type of connection to connect your motherboard to the keyboard try something else. Buy a usb adapter or just buy a usb keyboard and connect that to your motherboard or where ever. If u are using a usb keyboard vise versa. Just a suggestion that may help.

PC_Side_Line

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
HAVE u been using a UPS or a surge strip from the wall on this system the whole time u had it?

and what has been ur procedure on your pc while a LIGHTNING STORM hit?

shizza

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
- Tried usb keyboard, didn't matter.
- No, there were no lightning storms and yes I've used a surge protector the entire time.

Here's a post where someone's having the same problem:

http://www.futurehardware.in/570462.htm

Seems to be a Gigabyte problem.

When the computer first booted up, it backed up the bios to somewhere on the harddrive, and now it seems to be looking for it but can't find it. This happens before POST, so the keyboard/mouse don't respond at all. You can't enter the bios or get past the message:

"award boot block bios ver 1.0
scanning bios image in hard drive ..."

Any other suggestions would be great, since they didn't seem to find an answer in the thread I linked...