minimum win 2000 install

Not sure if this a trick question?
If you are asking minimum requirements in terms of:
Computer/Processor 133 MHz or higher Pentium-compatible CPU.
Memory At least 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM; more memory generally
improves responsiveness.
Hard Disk 2 GB with 650 MB free space.
CPU Support Windows 2000 Professional supports single and dual CPU
systems.
Drive CD-ROM or DVD drive.
Display VGA or higher resolution monitor.
Keyboard Required.

courtesy
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/professional/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp

Then yes, this is the lowest recomended amount of resources needed to run
windows 2000 Professional
If you mean only installing files that are critical to the operation of
ntoskrnl.exe during installation. Then no, it is not possible.

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support

"nick" <ngnocon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to install Win 2000 with the bare minimum
> requirements to run the OS?

Hi Nick:

I think you're asking if you can strip or slim down the components that get
installed? If so, then yes, it's possible to remove unwanted components.
During the installation it should provide you with a component selection
screen. Simply uncheck everything so that all the check boxes are cleared.
This will give you the most trimmed down and Microsoft supported
configuration. There may be ways to manually go into the installation after
the fact and pick and choose to delete certain files, however this method
isn't supported by our support teams nor is it recommended.

In case you're referring to the machine requirements, I've posted a couple
of links for you.
2000 Pro
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/professional/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp
2000 Server
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp
2000 Advanced Server
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/advancedserver/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp
Datacenter Server
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/datacenter/evaluation/sysreqs/default.asp

Please reply to the group as individual email sent to this address will not
be delivered.