Cant play videos or download files windows 7

oxymoxo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
I cant play videos on youtube or hulu and i also cant download ANYTHING from the net.
I started my laptop up after a update and it said CCC has stoped working, and now i cant watch videos or download, i think its connected because before the "ccc has stoped working" poped up everything worked fine.

I tried to install the latest version of Ati ccc and it wont download i tried a simple mod file for a video game i play and still nothing happens... Please help :(

oxymoxo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Yes sorry, Ive done that as well, I have done a full system scan and a system boot scan. It dident detect anything, Im not haveing any new problems just the same, cant download anything or watch videos. and it still says CCC has stoped working etc...

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
what is happening exactly for example what is happenin when you try to download something from the internet

can you get on a website or not at all?

are you sure the reason you cant watch youtube is that you have a really old version of flash?

oxymoxo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
So what happend was I had an update from windows , about 7 updates and they all installed but one and it said it failed, this is what i see when i click the details on it.
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2532531)

Installation date: ‎7/‎13/‎2011 5:31 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80070005

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

I have tried to download it again of course, and can not download anything. I have tried system restore and reapplying the updates and that dident work. and do now I turn the computer on and everything loads up and comes to life, then i get a pop up and it says Ati CCC has stoped working and gives me two buttons one to search online for a solution and two to close the progam.
i have clicked the search online button and it brings me to a page with a few diffrent solutions and none have worked.It basicly wants me to down load the lates version and i cant download it. I get a second pop up after i close the first, that says the same thing. I am able to go to websites and surf the net, when i go to download something for a web page nothing happens, i click the download button and it may send me to a page that says you download will begin in 10 or 30 seconds blah blah and if it doesnot then click here and i wait then i clcik there and still nothing, no file pops up promting me to save or open the file, i get nothing. and on youtube the video screen is black and i see no play buttons or anyting just black. Im not sure if i have the latest version of flash but im sure i do, and if i dident would it say i need to install the lates version? And also if i find that i do not have the latest flash,then i need to downlaod it, and i cant lol. what a mess.

oxymoxo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Ok UPDATE!!!

I installed google chrome and now i can download anything and watch videos on youtube and on netflix and its alot faster so i think the problem was with IE.
the CCC still isent working but my system seems unaffected by its absence...
so i guess if anyone else is haveing problems with downloads and videos, stop useing IE cause its sucks space balls!!!!! :D lol thanks for helping me out, i figured i would pop on and let everyone know its fixed. I came upon a few posts in other forums that had the same problem and all i got for a solution was "its fixed , thanks " and "Nevermind my awesome bro fixed it for me " cause that helps us sooooooooo much lol.
Pissed me off lol . BUt yes its all better, thanks for the help and ADIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!