BIOS WONT RECOGNIZE DISK

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I set up a hard drive for someone on my computer and then
I tried to install it on his but since he has a different
motherboard its not booting. Is there any way I can get
the chipset configuration and bios info from my computer
deleted from the hard drive and put his configuration on
the drive? Please help soon.

These articles may help you.

How to Move a Windows Installation to Different Hardware
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249694

HOW TO: Replace the Motherboard on a Computer That Is Running Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824125

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"michael" wrote:
|I set up a hard drive for someone on my computer and then
| I tried to install it on his but since he has a different
| motherboard its not booting. Is there any way I can get
| the chipset configuration and bios info from my computer
| deleted from the hard drive and put his configuration on
| the drive? Please help soon.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Patrick. The first article worked perfectly.

newsgroup.