Profile Migration

Please could someone advise how I should go about migrate roaming profile
from an NT4 domain to a new W2K AD domain.

The domain names will stay the same.

I'll be performing a parallel install but could do with migrating the
profiles over to the new domain.

Many Thanks

knackered of SE9

Hello,

Using the Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT), you can choose to
"translate
roaming profiles" so that the migrated users can still use the roaming
profile
of the original domain. To do this, run the user migration wizard. Go
through the wizard and at the "user options" page, check the option to
"translate roaming profiles".

For more information on ADMT, please refer to
http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/win2000/win2ksrv/technote/admtool.asp.

Regards

Vedvyas

Microsoft

So the ADMT utility will work even though this will be a parallel install
and not a migration? And all I have to do once I've setup all the users on
the new 2k ad domain, is run the tool and translate the roaming profiles
over to the new domain?

Brillient, thanks for your advise.