Hotfix IDs in Add/Remove Programs Annoys

Is there any way to remove the Hotfix IDs from the Add/Remove Programs list without removing the updates? After they've been installed for a considerable time, I really don't need the option to remove them, but they clutter up my list of programs. I have never seen this addressed before, so I am curious if this bothers anyone else.

trags13 <trag13@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to remove the Hotfix IDs from the Add/Remove Programs list without removing the updates? After they've been installed for a considerable time, I really don't need the option to remove them, but they clutter up my list of programs. I have never seen this addressed before, so I am curious if this bothers anyone else.

Run Regedit and navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
Below that you'll find a key for every entry in the Add/Remove Programs
list (and some for entries that aren't in the list). Carefully delete the
keys for the things you no longer want to be able to uninstall. It would
be a good idea to export those keys to .reg files first, just in case you
find you've made a mistake.

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio