Hotfix IDs in Add/Remove Programs Annoys

Is there any way to remove the Hotfix IDs from the Add/Remove Programs list without removing the updates? After they've been installed for a considerable time, I really don't need the option to remove them, but they clutter up my list of programs. I have never seen this addressed before, so I am curious if this bothers anyone else.
1 answer Last reply
More about hotfix remove programs annoys

    trags13 <trag13@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Is there any way to remove the Hotfix IDs from the Add/Remove Programs list without removing the updates? After they've been installed for a considerable time, I really don't need the option to remove them, but they clutter up my list of programs. I have never seen this addressed before, so I am curious if this bothers anyone else.

    Run Regedit and navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
    Below that you'll find a key for every entry in the Add/Remove Programs
    list (and some for entries that aren't in the list). Carefully delete the
    keys for the things you no longer want to be able to uninstall. It would
    be a good idea to export those keys to .reg files first, just in case you
    find you've made a mistake.

    --
    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio