Install cd no EULS/key

March 10, 2005 10:13:01 PM

I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an auction
site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in the
water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact Microsoft
for a key code????

More about : install euls key

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:26:59 AM

Don't mess around with the eBay purchase. It is illegal to sell XP without
it's Product Key and Certificate of Authenticity. Use the money you would
spend on eBay to put toward purchasing from a legitimate source. If you have
a copy of a previous OS like Windows 95, 98, Me etc you can even purchase an
Upgrade version of XP (which is a lot cheaper than a full version) and use
your previous OS as a qualifying product to do a clean install with. Or you
can look a purchasing an OEM version of XP. But go with a legit source
rather than waste you money on the item you are thinking of bidding on.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"BruceY" <BruceY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an
auction
> site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in the
> water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact
Microsoft
> for a key code????
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:27:00 AM

Note: Win95 is not on the upgrade matrix.

news:o rTz2reJFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Don't mess around with the eBay purchase. It is illegal to sell XP without
> it's Product Key and Certificate of Authenticity. Use the money you would
> spend on eBay to put toward purchasing from a legitimate source. If you
> have
> a copy of a previous OS like Windows 95, 98, Me etc you can even purchase
> an
> Upgrade version of XP (which is a lot cheaper than a full version) and use
> your previous OS as a qualifying product to do a clean install with. Or
> you
> can look a purchasing an OEM version of XP. But go with a legit source
> rather than waste you money on the item you are thinking of bidding on.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "BruceY" <BruceY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an
> auction
>> site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in the
>> water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact
> Microsoft
>> for a key code????

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:29:24 PM

Note: You cannot upgrade Windows 95 directly to XP but you can use a
Windows 95 CD to satisfy the request for a qualifying product when you do a
Clean install using an Upgrade version of XP.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

news:o rdQg9eJFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...