Install cd no EULS/key

I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an auction
site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in the
water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact Microsoft
for a key code????
3 answers Last reply
More about install euls

    Don't mess around with the eBay purchase. It is illegal to sell XP without
    it's Product Key and Certificate of Authenticity. Use the money you would
    spend on eBay to put toward purchasing from a legitimate source. If you have
    a copy of a previous OS like Windows 95, 98, Me etc you can even purchase an
    Upgrade version of XP (which is a lot cheaper than a full version) and use
    your previous OS as a qualifying product to do a clean install with. Or you
    can look a purchasing an OEM version of XP. But go with a legit source
    rather than waste you money on the item you are thinking of bidding on.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "BruceY" <BruceY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an
    auction
    > site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in the
    > water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact
    Microsoft
    > for a key code????

    Note: Win95 is not on the upgrade matrix.

    > Don't mess around with the eBay purchase. It is illegal to sell XP without
    > it's Product Key and Certificate of Authenticity. Use the money you would
    > spend on eBay to put toward purchasing from a legitimate source. If you
    > have
    > a copy of a previous OS like Windows 95, 98, Me etc you can even purchase
    > an
    > Upgrade version of XP (which is a lot cheaper than a full version) and use
    > your previous OS as a qualifying product to do a clean install with. Or
    > you
    > can look a purchasing an OEM version of XP. But go with a legit source
    > rather than waste you money on the item you are thinking of bidding on.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "BruceY" <BruceY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an
    > auction
    >> site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in the
    >> water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact
    > Microsoft
    >> for a key code????

    Note: You cannot upgrade Windows 95 directly to XP but you can use a
    Windows 95 CD to satisfy the request for a qualifying product when you do a
    Clean install using an Upgrade version of XP.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    > Note: Win95 is not on the upgrade matrix.

    > "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
    > > Don't mess around with the eBay purchase. It is illegal to sell XP
    without
    > > it's Product Key and Certificate of Authenticity. Use the money you
    would
    > > spend on eBay to put toward purchasing from a legitimate source. If you
    > > have
    > > a copy of a previous OS like Windows 95, 98, Me etc you can even
    purchase
    > > an
    > > Upgrade version of XP (which is a lot cheaper than a full version) and
    use
    > > your previous OS as a qualifying product to do a clean install with. Or
    > > you
    > > can look a purchasing an OEM version of XP. But go with a legit source
    > > rather than waste you money on the item you are thinking of bidding on.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    > >

    > > "BruceY" <BruceY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> I have XP onmy pc and want to install it on my laptop. I saw it on an
    > > auction
    > >> site but without the EULA/ Key and I know without it, I'd be dead in
    the
    > >> water. How would I work around this legally? I heard I can conntact
    > > Microsoft
    > >> for a key code????

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP