admin. right error

I trying to install hp5100 scanjet software. I keep
getting error saying "you must have administrator rights
to install software on windows nt(tm). I'm running
windows 2000 prof and i'm downloading window 2000 version.

is this something that can be fixed in window 2000 pro?

thanks

harryjoe

You must have administrative privileges on your machine. You do not state
that you are a member of local administrators group. If not then you must
get your admin to install this.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"harryjoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I trying to install hp5100 scanjet software. I keep
> getting error saying "you must have administrator rights
> to install software on windows nt(tm). I'm running
> windows 2000 prof and i'm downloading window 2000 version.
>
> is this something that can be fixed in window 2000 pro?
>
> thanks
>
> harryjoe

we do not have a local admin group, one man operation.
how and where do i install this?

Have a look under Computer Management |Local users and
groups|Groups|Administrators then check to see if the account you use to
login to the machine is listed in this group. This is considered the "local
Admin group". There is nothing to install.

--

> we do not have a local admin group, one man operation.
> how and where do i install this?

Hello Harryjoe,

Ask the Network administrator or the person who has the admin rights on toy
box to install the software, If not ask them to give you the admin rights
on the box.

Regards
Vedvyas
Microsoft