can't send a test mail...

In default smtp setup, every mail I sent is just piled
in mailroot\queue folder without being delivered.
What are the further things I should set?

Thanks in advance.

Are you using Exchange server? Have you tried running nslookup from the
server itself to see if it can find the MX records for the domains you're
trying to send to? Sending a test message via a telnet session?