install w/o cd drive

Rich

I have an old laptop I am trying to install win 2000 on. the install disks a floppy. the laptop i am using does not have a cd-rom. after going through three of the four disks it says cannot continue can't detect cd-rom. is there anyway around this?

Andy

You can copy the content of the install CD to a folder on
your laptop. The you can run the file \i386\winnt.exe
from DOS.

Hope tis helps.

Borrow somewhere an external CDROM drive with USB or LPT connection. The
last option is a network setup (or copy i386 to the local disk across the
network). Anyway, after initial setup you will need CDROM for the programs
install.