Unattended Installation / NTFS

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

Afternoon / Morning / Evening

When running an unattended installation of win2000 from a DOS prompt,
how can I get it to format the drive with NTFS automatically. I used my
answer file created
with setup manager and, once the install was complete, the drive was
formatted in FAT32.

Is there a line I can add to the answer file that will format the drive with
NTFS initially,
or does the drive have to be formatted with FAT32 then "converted to NTFS"?
using a line in the answer file.

Thank You

"Grant" <nospam@spamless.com> writes:

> or does the drive have to be formatted with FAT32 then "converted to
> NTFS"? using a line in the answer file.

Add to your answer file:

[Unattended]
FileSystem=ConvertNTFS

DOS cannot read nor write NTFS, so you have to format it as FAT and
convert to NTFS.

See also
<http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/winpreinst/ntfs-preinstall.mspx>.

- Pat