Printer Nightmare

Supergoal

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I've been trying to install a HP all in one printer, only to be defeated after many attempts by an error message saying "RPC Server Unavailable"

RPCserverunavailable.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do in order to install the printer once and for all?

By the way, the printer works fine on two other PCs here so I know that the problem is definitely based on this computer in question.

Thanks in advance.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
This probably isn't the answer, but click start, run type services.msc and hit enter. scroll down and make sure remote procedure call service, and remote procedure call service locator are running. There may also be other services that need to be enabled, but I don't know what they are. Hope this helps

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
This probably isn't the answer, but click start, run type services.msc and hit enter. scroll down and make sure remote procedure call service, and remote procedure call service locator are running. There may also be other services that need to be enabled, but I don't know what they are. Hope this helps

^^^ What he said ^^^

Supergoal

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I tried the Services from the Run Command and it was already set to Auto for the RPC server. However...

I finally sorted out the problem by using the Windows XP disc and doing a Dynamic Install. Then by installing from the beginning the printer disc and it worked. Obviously some files were missing from my system.

Thanks for your help :D

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I tried the Services from the Run Command and it was already set to Auto for the RPC server. However...

I finally sorted out the problem by using the Windows XP disc and doing a Dynamic Install. Then by installing from the beginning the printer disc and it worked. Obviously some files were missing from my system.

Thanks for your help :D

Good old reinstallation or installation on top as commonly known, still solves a lot of problems... even after 15 years, windows, still behaves the same! lol! Now if i see that in Vista... ahhh... nothing changes...

TRENDING THREADS