Support of Large HDD's w Current W2k Release ?

I'm about to do a couple of clean installs of W2k from new, legit MS CD's.
I assume that these will include SP3, and as such, will I have any problems
with large hard drives? (assuming my BIOS is not a problem).

- Magnusfarce

You didn't mention the drive size or drive controller but this is more a
hardware and or controller driver limitation.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Magnusfarce" <magnusfarce3@earthlink.net> writes:

> I'm about to do a couple of clean installs of W2k from new, legit MS
> CD's. I assume that these will include SP3, and as such, will I
> have any problems with large hard drives? (assuming my BIOS is not
> a problem).

It should work fine, although you may have to tweak the "EnableBigLba"
registry key. See <http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305098>.

- Pat
http://unattended.sourceforge.net/

In message <5B6qc.4548$SZ4.242@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Magnusfarce <magnusfarce3@earthlink.net> writes
>I'm about to do a couple of clean installs of W2k from new, legit MS CD's.
>I assume that these will include SP3, and as such, will I have any problems
>with large hard drives? (assuming my BIOS is not a problem).

I doubt if your Windows 2000 CD will include any service packs - but I
may be wrong. In any case SP4 is the latest and seems stable.

There is a separate fix for disks/partitions of greater than about 128GB
- so far as I am aware, it isn't in any of the service packs. You can
find it on the MS support web-site if you search for Large LBA.

HTH
--
Roger