...Error Message : VDD

I am trying to install certain software, when I open the
exe file for this application, I get this error message:

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers.VDD
Virtual device Drivers Format in the Registry is invalid

How can I resolve this situation ?? Your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Stace
1 answer Last reply
More about error message

    Virtual Device Driver Error Message in 16-Bit MS-DOS Subsystem
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];254914

    The article is pretty straight-forward. You'll need to use
    regedt32.exe.regedit.exe cannot create Reg_Multi_Sz strings. If you need to
    recreate the VirtualDeviceDrivers key; highlight the key (in the left-hand
    pane), then Edit|Delete Then (in the left-hand pane) position the cursor on
    the "Control" key, (so you'll be creating directly under "Control") then
    Edit|Add Key, then for the "Key Name:"
    VirtualDeviceDrivers
    You can leave the "Class:" blank Then proceed with steps four through seven.

    Make sure your doing this logged on as local administrator.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Ace" wrote:
    |I am trying to install certain software, when I open the
    | exe file for this application, I get this error message:
    |
    | SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers.VDD
    | Virtual device Drivers Format in the Registry is invalid
    |
    | How can I resolve this situation ?? Your help is greatly
    | appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks
    | Stace

Microsoft Error Message Windows