...Error Message : VDD

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 18, 2004 1:50:21 AM

I am trying to install certain software, when I open the
exe file for this application, I get this error message:

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers.VDD
Virtual device Drivers Format in the Registry is invalid

How can I resolve this situation ?? Your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Stace

More about : error message vdd

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 7:31:14 AM

Virtual Device Driver Error Message in 16-Bit MS-DOS Subsystem
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];254914

The article is pretty straight-forward. You'll need to use
regedt32.exe.regedit.exe cannot create Reg_Multi_Sz strings. If you need to
recreate the VirtualDeviceDrivers key; highlight the key (in the left-hand
pane), then Edit|Delete Then (in the left-hand pane) position the cursor on
the "Control" key, (so you'll be creating directly under "Control") then
Edit|Add Key, then for the "Key Name:"
VirtualDeviceDrivers
You can leave the "Class:" blank Then proceed with steps four through seven.

Make sure your doing this logged on as local administrator.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]