[Colosseum] Chasing Down Ho-Oh

Having caught and purified all 48 snaggable Pokemon in the game, I've
begun the process of climbing Mt. Battle in Colosseum mode to win the
Legendary Bird Ho-Oh. I'm at Zone 12 so far, but I didn't bother to
augment my team first so I may have to restart if my decisions have
proven to be disaterous. Here's the run-down:

Tyranitar - Level 67 - female - "Sauron"
Item: Amulet Coin (useless in Colosseum mode. May replace with Hard Rock)
Ability: Sandstream (summons a Sandstorm)
Moves: Crunch, Thunder, Rock Slide, Blizzard
Nature: Impish

Metagross - Level 68 - genderless - "Gunbreaker"
Item: Metal Coat
Ability: Clear Body (prevents stat reduction)
Moves: Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Meteor Mash, Psychic
Nature: Quirky

Flygon - Level 67 - female - "Kite"
Item: Dragon Fang
Ability: Levitate (avoids Ground-type attacks)
Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm, Crunch
Nature: Docile

Feraligatr - Level 66 - male
Item: Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent (enhances Water-type attacks when suffering)
Moves: Surf, Slash, Screech, Rain Dance
Nature: Gentle

Entei - Level 66 - genderless - "Hephaestus"
Item: none
Ability: ??? (I forget what it is)
Moves: Flamethrower, Leer, Stomp, Sunny Day
Nature: Hardy

Medicham - Level 66 - male - "Neo"
Item: Black Belt
Ability: Pure Power
Moves: Hi-Jump Kick, Reversal, Recover, Detect
Nature: Docile

I realise that the least I could do was make them all the same level,
but having gone through Story Mode's Mt. Battle so many times to purify
Shadow Pokemon I wasn't in the mood to go through the same contenders again.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

More about colosseum chasing

    It's rating time!

    Piloswine!

    Aerodactyl!

    Dodrio!

    Saber-toothed Gligar!

    Venosaurus!

    (I feel a theme team coming on. Dragonite can round it off.)

    "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:2nfmbbFe6ehU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Tyranitar - Level 67 - female - "Sauron"

    I assume Tyranitar's the one you caught in Coli, as opposed to one you bred
    and raised. If this is the case, its stat experience probably isn't
    anywhere near maxed out, so I do recommend training up your whole team to
    much nearer :L100.

    > Item: Amulet Coin (useless in Colosseum mode. May replace with Hard Rock)

    Eh, I've never been a fan of type boosters, but to each his own.

    > Ability: Sandstream (summons a Sandstorm)
    > Moves: Crunch, Thunder, Rock Slide, Blizzard

    I used to have Thunder on my own Tyranitar since I had two Rain Dancers on
    my team at the time. Then I remembered that Tyranitar can somehow convert
    rain into sand. Weird, and rather annoying.

    In short, unless you really love missing, get rid of it. The only point at
    which you can Rain Dance it up is in a 2vs2 battle, and you can bank on a
    token Ground type showing up to absorb it.

    Also, Blizzard's not wonderful in 1vs1 battles. The sub-par accuracy's
    forgivable in 2vs2 battles, since the odds of you missing TWICE are 9%, but
    I wouldn't trust it in 1vs1.

    Anyway, since Tyranitar's hired muscle, you can't really go wrong if you
    just want a moveset of four aggressive moves, but I find it strange that you
    aren't taking advantage of its significantly better physical Attack. Its
    Special Attack isn't exactly bad, but you'll still kill a lot more with
    Earthquake than with, say, Blizzard.

    > Metagross - Level 68 - genderless - "Gunbreaker"
    > Item: Metal Coat

    Again, not a huge fan of these items, but that's your choice.

    > Ability: Clear Body (prevents stat reduction)
    > Moves: Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Meteor Mash, Psychic

    I love the stat preserving abilities. But anyway.

    Psychic and Meteor Mash are alright, I suppose, but why Hyper Beam? That's
    a really weird choice, I feel. It's not like Metagross NEEDS a big bad
    physical attack, since it can already make ANY move deadly. I bet it'd even
    be able to kill a ghost with Rock Smash[1].

    You'd be better off using the clichéd Earthquake, seeing as you're doing 100
    base damage a turn instead of 75 on average, plus Ground moves are awesome.

    If you want to make it super-duper-ooooober, you could raise a Baton Passer
    to- *Gets pelted with rocks by the anti-cheapness patrol*. Uh, or you
    could always replace Metagross with a Weedle. Yeah.

    > Flygon - Level 67 - female - "Kite"
    > Item: Dragon Fang

    I sense a pattern with these items.

    > Ability: Levitate (avoids Ground-type attacks)
    > Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm, Crunch

    Again with the Hyper Beam? And are you really such a big fan of Sandstorm
    that Tyranitar's ability isn't quite enough? I mean, half your team will be
    taking damage from Sandstorm themselves.

    > Feraligatr - Level 66 - male
    > Item: Mystic Water

    Right.

    > Ability: Torrent (enhances Water-type attacks when suffering)
    > Moves: Surf, Slash, Screech, Rain Dance

    Dear lord. Ignoring the clash of weather for a second, for the love of God,
    replace Slash with something better.

    It's hard to suggest improvements when my advice can basically be summarised
    by saying "make all these movesets better, then ask again".

    > Entei - Level 66 - genderless - "Hephaestus"
    > Item: none

    Charcoal, maybe?

    > Ability: ??? (I forget what it is)

    It's Pressure. If the opponent does damage to Entei, the PP used up is
    doubled.

    > Moves: Flamethrower, Leer, Stomp, Sunny Day

    Weather clash! WEATHER CLASH!

    And give it something better than Leer.

    > Medicham - Level 66 - male - "Neo"
    > Item: Black Belt
    > Ability: Pure Power
    > Moves: Hi-Jump Kick, Reversal, Recover, Detect

    What purpose does Detect serve here? You don't have Toxic on anything and
    with the exception of Entei's ability there's no chance of PP-wasting
    anything. Isn't Recover enough to cope with damaging moves? Detect is just
    begging the opponent to use some stat moves.

    > I realise that the least I could do was make them all the same level,
    > but having gone through Story Mode's Mt. Battle so many times to purify
    > Shadow Pokemon I wasn't in the mood to go through the same contenders
    again.

    Well, the second-least you could do is level them all up until they can no
    longer learn new moves by level-up. The third-least thing you could do is
    train them all until they've maxed out effort values. The fourth-least you
    could do is buy some TMs and trade between Coli and RS.

    Mind you, getting a team to :L100 in Coli is child's play. Just keep
    challenging the Deep Colosseum over and over.

    It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going to
    train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
    suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.

    --
    Steffan

    [1] Please note that individual copies of the games may differ from my
    imagination.

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Steffan Alun wrote:
    > > Item: Amulet Coin (useless in Colosseum mode. May replace with Hard
    > > Rock)
    >
    > Eh, I've never been a fan of type boosters, but to each his own.

    Well, if you can't Scope Lens/Leftovers your team, the type boosters can
    come in handy (unless you're the type who obsessively plans for the statuses
    that you know you're facing in the next set battle, of course)

    "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message

    > It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going to
    > train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
    > suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.

    A L100 Spinda...that's one I always wanted to try myself. I still haven't
    trained any Pokes to L100 though - just get bored too quick - played through
    Ruby once - completed dex..etc and Saphire twice, then played through
    Coli...got Ho-Oh, finished everything except battle mode in which I unlocked
    the L50 in the desert but haven't beat that yet.

    The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after the
    serious pokes.

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Raph wrote:
    > The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after the
    > serious pokes.

    Hmmm. Why? Novelty value? Certainly not to fight with (either against
    humans or in-game trainers)... [stats're garbage, moveset's decent, but
    since Illumise doesn't have the stats to back it up; Now Volbeat, on the
    other hand, might be worth using - at least for fighting]

    "Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going
    > > train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
    > > suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.
    >
    > A L100 Spinda...that's one I always wanted to try myself.

    I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
    impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.

    > The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after the
    > serious pokes.

    As I say, the Deep Colosseum is the way to go. Just give the thing an Exp
    Share and use your old :L100s to do the hard work.

    --
    Steffan

    "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Raph wrote:
    > > The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after
    the
    > > serious pokes.
    >
    > Hmmm. Why? Novelty value? Certainly not to fight with (either against
    > humans or in-game trainers)... [stats're garbage, moveset's decent, but
    > since Illumise doesn't have the stats to back it up; Now Volbeat, on the
    > other hand, might be worth using - at least for fighting]

    Definitely for novelty value - plus I like the way they look.

    Steffan Alun wrote:

    > "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    > message news:2nfmbbFe6ehU1@uni-berlin.de...

    Oh, by the way, I apologize for forgetting the other relevent tag.

    >>Tyranitar - Level 67 - female - "Sauron"
    >

    > I assume Tyranitar's the one you caught in Coli, as opposed to one you bred
    > and raised.

    Correct.

    > If this is the case, its stat experience probably isn't
    > anywhere near maxed out, so I do recommend training up your whole team to
    > much nearer :L100.

    Noted and dreaded.

    > Anyway, since Tyranitar's hired muscle, you can't really go wrong if you
    > just want a moveset of four aggressive moves, but I find it strange that you
    > aren't taking advantage of its significantly better physical Attack. Its
    > Special Attack isn't exactly bad, but you'll still kill a lot more with
    > Earthquake than with, say, Blizzard.

    I usually avoid TMs to make sure I don't waste them. I also dislike
    Earthquake and Magnitude, since they damage the user's partner in
    doubles battles.

    >>Metagross - Level 68 - genderless - "Gunbreaker"
    >>Item: Metal Coat
    >

    > Again, not a huge fan of these items, but that's your choice.
    >

    >>Ability: Clear Body (prevents stat reduction)
    >>Moves: Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Meteor Mash, Psychic
    >

    > I love the stat preserving abilities. But anyway.
    >
    > Psychic and Meteor Mash are alright, I suppose, but why Hyper Beam? That's
    > a really weird choice, I feel. It's not like Metagross NEEDS a big bad
    > physical attack, since it can already make ANY move deadly. I bet it'd even
    > be able to kill a ghost with Rock Smash[1].

    I forget what I overwrote for Hyperbeam, but it's only on there because
    Metagross learned it naturally and I wanted to see what it looks like.
    I didn't really raise any of these Pokemon with a specific strategy in mind.

    > You'd be better off using the clichéd Earthquake, seeing as you're doing 100
    > base damage a turn instead of 75 on average, plus Ground moves are awesome.

    Again, I feel Earthquake to be a bit risky.

    >>Flygon - Level 67 - female - "Kite"
    >>Item: Dragon Fang
    >

    > I sense a pattern with these items.

    Yeah.

    >>Ability: Levitate (avoids Ground-type attacks)
    >>Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm, Crunch
    >

    > Again with the Hyper Beam? And are you really such a big fan of Sandstorm
    > that Tyranitar's ability isn't quite enough? I mean, half your team will be
    > taking damage from Sandstorm themselves.

    Hyperbeam's there because I thought it'd be better than Sand Tomb, which
    I wasn't really using anyway. Sandstorm's next to go, though.

    >>Feraligatr - Level 66 - male
    >>Item: Mystic Water
    >

    > Right.
    >

    >>Ability: Torrent (enhances Water-type attacks when suffering)
    >>Moves: Surf, Slash, Screech, Rain Dance
    >

    > Dear lord. Ignoring the clash of weather for a second, for the love of God,
    > replace Slash with something better.

    Perhaps I should've kept Bite...

    > It's hard to suggest improvements when my advice can basically be summarised
    > by saying "make all these movesets better, then ask again".
    >

    >>Medicham - Level 66 - male - "Neo"
    >>Item: Black Belt
    >>Ability: Pure Power
    >>Moves: Hi-Jump Kick, Reversal, Recover, Detect
    >

    > What purpose does Detect serve here? You don't have Toxic on anything and
    > with the exception of Entei's ability there's no chance of PP-wasting
    > anything. Isn't Recover enough to cope with damaging moves? Detect is just
    > begging the opponent to use some stat moves.

    I know, I rarely use Detect. I'm not a big fan of using Poison, either.
    My philosophy tends to be, "The opponent shouldn't be standing long
    enough for Poisoning to matter."

    >>I realise that the least I could do was make them all the same level,
    >>but having gone through Story Mode's Mt. Battle so many times to purify
    >>Shadow Pokemon I wasn't in the mood to go through the same contenders
    >
    > again.
    >
    > Well, the second-least you could do is level them all up until they can no
    > longer learn new moves by level-up. The third-least thing you could do is
    > train them all until they've maxed out effort values. The fourth-least you
    > could do is buy some TMs and trade between Coli and RS.
    >
    > Mind you, getting a team to :L100 in Coli is child's play. Just keep
    > challenging the Deep Colosseum over and over.

    Noted.

    > It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going to
    > train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
    > suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.

    Cool.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    In article <cf0hjr$mqf$1@titan.btinternet.com>,
    Steffan Alun <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
    >"Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> A L100 Spinda...that's one I always wanted to try myself.
    >
    >I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
    >impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.

    Impossible or simply very tedious? I've got a L96 Manetric in Sapphire,
    and I don't know any reason why I couldn't get four more levels on him
    (unless the max is 99 or something).

    A lot of this is wandering around some of the tougher areas, like Sky
    Pillar for example, with a Pokemon I want to raise to L50 for the
    Battle Tower carrying the Experience Share. It took a lot of work to
    get the team I wanted....

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    On 07 Aug 2004 15:26:53 GMT, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon thornley@visi.com
    (David Thornley) wrote:

    :>I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
    :>impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.
    :>

    Not true, I have a level 100 Blazieken, Manetric and Walrien in Sapphire. I've
    spent a lot of hours playing it though. I took them through the final four
    (after they had maxed out EV) over and over but they were not holding
    experience share. I had others holding the experience share while those three
    did the battling.. they could have leveled up to 100 much faster if not for
    that.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "David Thornley" <thornley@visi.com> wrote in message
    > >I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
    > >impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.
    > >
    > Impossible or simply very tedious?

    Tedious to the point of being impossible when you factor in my attention
    span.

    > A lot of this is wandering around some of the tougher areas, like Sky
    > Pillar for example, with a Pokemon I want to raise to L50 for the
    > Battle Tower carrying the Experience Share. It took a lot of work to
    > get the team I wanted....

    Well, yeah, that's the thing. I train whole teams at the same time, so
    while the same amount of experience would probably be enough to raise one to
    :L100, they only hit :L75 or so before I lose interest.

    --
    Steffan
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Steffan Alun wrote:

    > It's rating time!
    >
    > Piloswine!

    I think Piloswine's a wild boar, not a mammoth. Donphan would probably
    be the closest match.

    > Aerodactyl!
    >
    > Dodrio!

    Why not Aggron? :)

    > Saber-toothed Gligar!

    Why not Raikou? (Answer: Because it wouldn't rhyme...)

    > Venosaurus!

    Tyranitar, or possibly Groudon.

    #2: Entei, Moltres, Rapidash, ???, Gyarados/Rayquaza, Raikou (again)
    #3: Politoed, ???, Mightyena, Ursaring, Primeape, Articuno(?)
    #4: Nosepass, ???, ???, Tauros, Ho-oh, ???

    I quit watching after that...

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > It's rating time!
    > >
    > > Piloswine!
    >
    > I think Piloswine's a wild boar, not a mammoth. Donphan would probably
    > be the closest match.

    It's hairy and has tusks, which is why I picked it. MastaDonphan has
    potential, though.

    > > Aerodactyl!
    > >
    > > Dodrio!
    >
    > Why not Aggron? :)

    Oh, good one. I struggled here.

    > > Saber-toothed Gligar!
    >
    > Why not Raikou? (Answer: Because it wouldn't rhyme...)

    Correct. ;-)

    > > Venosaurus!
    >
    > Tyranitar, or possibly Groudon.

    Again, I went for the rhyme, but rest assured I'll end up going for
    Tyranitar.

    > > (I feel a theme team coming on. Dragonite can round it off.)
    >
    > #2: Entei, Moltres, Rapidash, ???, Gyarados/Rayquaza, Raikou (again)
    > #3: Politoed, ???, Mightyena, Ursaring, Primeape, Articuno(?)
    > #4: Nosepass, ???, ???, Tauros, Ho-oh, ???

    I forget which generation this is from (possibly the second and/or third),
    but I think Shuckle belongs somewhere.

    > I quit watching after that...

    I quit watching not long after Cat joined. I liked her character until she
    became yet another paper-thin good guy. Uh, girl.

    I caught a more recent episode recently, but there was a talking guinea pig,
    so I switched off.

    --
    Steffan
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >I caught a more recent episode recently, but there was a talking guinea pig,
    >so I switched off.

    The talking guinea pig's gone, don't worry.

    And a small part of me hopes that the series just _ends_ now, just to put it
    out of its misery. The latest generation started off on a high note, but it's
    been going badly downhill in spots.

    BTW; anyone going to mention the name, or will the referenced item remain
    nameless?

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >I caught a more recent episode recently, but there was a talking guinea
    pig,
    > >so I switched off.
    >
    > The talking guinea pig's gone, don't worry.

    Not in the UK it's not! At least one episode from each series is shown
    every single day. The episode I saw actually showed the origins of the
    guinea pig.

    > BTW; anyone going to mention the name, or will the referenced item remain
    > nameless?

    Hey, anyone who's worked it out can't be judgemental of my/our knowledge of
    it, since they must know a little bit themselves to have worked it out.

    That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
    talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering what
    sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.

    --
    Steffan
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Steffan Alun wrote:
    > That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
    > talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering what
    > sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.

    <raises hand>

    Although I won't be wondering. The answer is, "a show with furries and
    at least pretensions of plot, possibly the real thing". Now, that
    gives much leeway for how good it is...
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > Steffan Alun wrote:
    > > That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
    > > talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering
    what
    > > sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.
    >
    > <raises hand>
    >
    > Although I won't be wondering. The answer is, "a show with furries and
    > at least pretensions of plot, possibly the real thing". Now, that
    > gives much leeway for how good it is...

    Hey! I watch what my daughter watches. Most of the time there is _no_ plot.
    She is too young for any of the shows I really like. <sigh>

    daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    daramark wrote:
    > "Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Steffan Alun wrote:
    >>
    >>>That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
    >>>talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering
    >
    > what
    >
    >>>sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.
    >>
    >><raises hand>
    >>
    >>Although I won't be wondering. The answer is, "a show with furries and
    >>at least pretensions of plot, possibly the real thing". Now, that
    >>gives much leeway for how good it is...
    >

    > Hey! I watch what my daughter watches. Most of the time there is _no_ plot.
    > She is too young for any of the shows I really like. <sigh>
    >
    > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.

    Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
    guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
    they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part. Kinda.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
    > >
    > Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
    > guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
    > they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part. Kinda.

    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
    through my head for days.

    daramark
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >> > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
    >> >
    >> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
    >> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
    >> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part. Kinda.
    >

    >Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
    >through my head for days.

    Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and giant
    robots.

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >>> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
    >>> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
    >>> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part.
    >>> Kinda.
    >>

    >>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
    >>through my head for days.
    >>

    > Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and
    > giant
    > robots.

    My guess is it's the latest incarnation of the Power Rangers?
    DinoThunder or somethingerother? Only show I can think of
    with ninja-dressed unstealthy people, large robots and a
    Hamtaro-sensei. Yeeesch.

    The Magic Engineer
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message news:<k9a%c.6945$Kx4.5148@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>...
    > "William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message

    > >>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
    > >>through my head for days.
    > >>

    > > Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and
    > > giant
    > > robots.
    >
    > My guess is it's the latest incarnation of the Power Rangers?
    > DinoThunder or somethingerother? Only show I can think of
    > with ninja-dressed unstealthy people, large robots and a
    > Hamtaro-sensei. Yeeesch.

    Close. Very close indeed.

    Power Rangers Ninja Storm, the second-most shiny new one. Dino
    Thunder's just one big nostalgia fest.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message
    > > "William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message

    > > > Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and
    > > > giant
    > > > robots.
    > >
    > > My guess is it's the latest incarnation of the Power Rangers?
    > > DinoThunder or somethingerother? Only show I can think of
    > > with ninja-dressed unstealthy people, large robots and a
    > > Hamtaro-sensei. Yeeesch.
    > >

    > Close. Very close indeed.
    >
    > Power Rangers Ninja Storm, the second-most shiny new one. Dino
    > Thunder's just one big nostalgia fest.

    <shudder>

    daramark ----> I only watched each movie once when babysitting, then when it
    went in, I cleaned in another room! lol