Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[Colosseum] Chasing Down Ho-Oh

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 6:16:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Having caught and purified all 48 snaggable Pokemon in the game, I've
begun the process of climbing Mt. Battle in Colosseum mode to win the
Legendary Bird Ho-Oh. I'm at Zone 12 so far, but I didn't bother to
augment my team first so I may have to restart if my decisions have
proven to be disaterous. Here's the run-down:


Tyranitar - Level 67 - female - "Sauron"
Item: Amulet Coin (useless in Colosseum mode. May replace with Hard Rock)
Ability: Sandstream (summons a Sandstorm)
Moves: Crunch, Thunder, Rock Slide, Blizzard
Nature: Impish

Metagross - Level 68 - genderless - "Gunbreaker"
Item: Metal Coat
Ability: Clear Body (prevents stat reduction)
Moves: Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Meteor Mash, Psychic
Nature: Quirky

Flygon - Level 67 - female - "Kite"
Item: Dragon Fang
Ability: Levitate (avoids Ground-type attacks)
Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm, Crunch
Nature: Docile

Feraligatr - Level 66 - male
Item: Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent (enhances Water-type attacks when suffering)
Moves: Surf, Slash, Screech, Rain Dance
Nature: Gentle

Entei - Level 66 - genderless - "Hephaestus"
Item: none
Ability: ??? (I forget what it is)
Moves: Flamethrower, Leer, Stomp, Sunny Day
Nature: Hardy

Medicham - Level 66 - male - "Neo"
Item: Black Belt
Ability: Pure Power
Moves: Hi-Jump Kick, Reversal, Recover, Detect
Nature: Docile

I realise that the least I could do was make them all the same level,
but having gone through Story Mode's Mt. Battle so many times to purify
Shadow Pokemon I wasn't in the mood to go through the same contenders again.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

My Adventure Quest character:
http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com

Sometimes, I notice someone has posted a reply to one of my messages and
I think, "Oh, great, what did I say this time?"

More about : colosseum chasing

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 7:23:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

It's rating time!

Piloswine!

Aerodactyl!

Dodrio!

Saber-toothed Gligar!

Venosaurus!

(I feel a theme team coming on. Dragonite can round it off.)

"Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:2nfmbbFe6ehU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Tyranitar - Level 67 - female - "Sauron"

I assume Tyranitar's the one you caught in Coli, as opposed to one you bred
and raised. If this is the case, its stat experience probably isn't
anywhere near maxed out, so I do recommend training up your whole team to
much nearer :L100.

> Item: Amulet Coin (useless in Colosseum mode. May replace with Hard Rock)

Eh, I've never been a fan of type boosters, but to each his own.

> Ability: Sandstream (summons a Sandstorm)
> Moves: Crunch, Thunder, Rock Slide, Blizzard

I used to have Thunder on my own Tyranitar since I had two Rain Dancers on
my team at the time. Then I remembered that Tyranitar can somehow convert
rain into sand. Weird, and rather annoying.

In short, unless you really love missing, get rid of it. The only point at
which you can Rain Dance it up is in a 2vs2 battle, and you can bank on a
token Ground type showing up to absorb it.

Also, Blizzard's not wonderful in 1vs1 battles. The sub-par accuracy's
forgivable in 2vs2 battles, since the odds of you missing TWICE are 9%, but
I wouldn't trust it in 1vs1.

Anyway, since Tyranitar's hired muscle, you can't really go wrong if you
just want a moveset of four aggressive moves, but I find it strange that you
aren't taking advantage of its significantly better physical Attack. Its
Special Attack isn't exactly bad, but you'll still kill a lot more with
Earthquake than with, say, Blizzard.

> Metagross - Level 68 - genderless - "Gunbreaker"
> Item: Metal Coat

Again, not a huge fan of these items, but that's your choice.

> Ability: Clear Body (prevents stat reduction)
> Moves: Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Meteor Mash, Psychic

I love the stat preserving abilities. But anyway.

Psychic and Meteor Mash are alright, I suppose, but why Hyper Beam? That's
a really weird choice, I feel. It's not like Metagross NEEDS a big bad
physical attack, since it can already make ANY move deadly. I bet it'd even
be able to kill a ghost with Rock Smash[1].

You'd be better off using the clichéd Earthquake, seeing as you're doing 100
base damage a turn instead of 75 on average, plus Ground moves are awesome.

If you want to make it super-duper-ooooober, you could raise a Baton Passer
to- *Gets pelted with rocks by the anti-cheapness patrol*. Uh, or you
could always replace Metagross with a Weedle. Yeah.

> Flygon - Level 67 - female - "Kite"
> Item: Dragon Fang

I sense a pattern with these items.

> Ability: Levitate (avoids Ground-type attacks)
> Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm, Crunch

Again with the Hyper Beam? And are you really such a big fan of Sandstorm
that Tyranitar's ability isn't quite enough? I mean, half your team will be
taking damage from Sandstorm themselves.

> Feraligatr - Level 66 - male
> Item: Mystic Water

Right.

> Ability: Torrent (enhances Water-type attacks when suffering)
> Moves: Surf, Slash, Screech, Rain Dance

Dear lord. Ignoring the clash of weather for a second, for the love of God,
replace Slash with something better.

It's hard to suggest improvements when my advice can basically be summarised
by saying "make all these movesets better, then ask again".

> Entei - Level 66 - genderless - "Hephaestus"
> Item: none

Charcoal, maybe?

> Ability: ??? (I forget what it is)

It's Pressure. If the opponent does damage to Entei, the PP used up is
doubled.

> Moves: Flamethrower, Leer, Stomp, Sunny Day

Weather clash! WEATHER CLASH!

And give it something better than Leer.

> Medicham - Level 66 - male - "Neo"
> Item: Black Belt
> Ability: Pure Power
> Moves: Hi-Jump Kick, Reversal, Recover, Detect

What purpose does Detect serve here? You don't have Toxic on anything and
with the exception of Entei's ability there's no chance of PP-wasting
anything. Isn't Recover enough to cope with damaging moves? Detect is just
begging the opponent to use some stat moves.

> I realise that the least I could do was make them all the same level,
> but having gone through Story Mode's Mt. Battle so many times to purify
> Shadow Pokemon I wasn't in the mood to go through the same contenders
again.

Well, the second-least you could do is level them all up until they can no
longer learn new moves by level-up. The third-least thing you could do is
train them all until they've maxed out effort values. The fourth-least you
could do is buy some TMs and trade between Coli and RS.

Mind you, getting a team to :L100 in Coli is child's play. Just keep
challenging the Deep Colosseum over and over.

It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going to
train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.

--
Steffan

[1] Please note that individual copies of the games may differ from my
imagination.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 9:48:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Steffan Alun wrote:
> > Item: Amulet Coin (useless in Colosseum mode. May replace with Hard
> > Rock)
>
> Eh, I've never been a fan of type boosters, but to each his own.

Well, if you can't Scope Lens/Leftovers your team, the type boosters can
come in handy (unless you're the type who obsessively plans for the statuses
that you know you're facing in the next set battle, of course)

--
"...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot
easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 5:21:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:ceutj0$o7f$1@sparta.btinternet.com...

> It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going to
> train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
> suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.

A L100 Spinda...that's one I always wanted to try myself. I still haven't
trained any Pokes to L100 though - just get bored too quick - played through
Ruby once - completed dex..etc and Saphire twice, then played through
Coli...got Ho-Oh, finished everything except battle mode in which I unlocked
the L50 in the desert but haven't beat that yet.

The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after the
serious pokes.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 6:42:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Raph wrote:
> The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after the
> serious pokes.

Hmmm. Why? Novelty value? Certainly not to fight with (either against
humans or in-game trainers)... [stats're garbage, moveset's decent, but
since Illumise doesn't have the stats to back it up; Now Volbeat, on the
other hand, might be worth using - at least for fighting]

--
"...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot
easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:11:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D BLQc.91747$yd5.67588@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going
to
> > train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
> > suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.
>
> A L100 Spinda...that's one I always wanted to try myself.

I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.

> The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after the
> serious pokes.

As I say, the Deep Colosseum is the way to go. Just give the thing an Exp
Share and use your old :L100s to do the hard work.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:38:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
news:p ine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1040806143548.167B-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca...
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Raph wrote:
> > The other one I would like to have at L100 is Illumise...that is after
the
> > serious pokes.
>
> Hmmm. Why? Novelty value? Certainly not to fight with (either against
> humans or in-game trainers)... [stats're garbage, moveset's decent, but
> since Illumise doesn't have the stats to back it up; Now Volbeat, on the
> other hand, might be worth using - at least for fighting]

Definitely for novelty value - plus I like the way they look.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:40:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Steffan Alun wrote:
>
> "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:2nfmbbFe6ehU1@uni-berlin.de...
>
Oh, by the way, I apologize for forgetting the other relevent tag.

>>Tyranitar - Level 67 - female - "Sauron"
>
>
> I assume Tyranitar's the one you caught in Coli, as opposed to one you bred
> and raised.

Correct.

> If this is the case, its stat experience probably isn't
> anywhere near maxed out, so I do recommend training up your whole team to
> much nearer :L100.
>
Noted and dreaded.

> Anyway, since Tyranitar's hired muscle, you can't really go wrong if you
> just want a moveset of four aggressive moves, but I find it strange that you
> aren't taking advantage of its significantly better physical Attack. Its
> Special Attack isn't exactly bad, but you'll still kill a lot more with
> Earthquake than with, say, Blizzard.
>
I usually avoid TMs to make sure I don't waste them. I also dislike
Earthquake and Magnitude, since they damage the user's partner in
doubles battles.

>>Metagross - Level 68 - genderless - "Gunbreaker"
>>Item: Metal Coat
>
>
> Again, not a huge fan of these items, but that's your choice.
>
>
>>Ability: Clear Body (prevents stat reduction)
>>Moves: Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Meteor Mash, Psychic
>
>
> I love the stat preserving abilities. But anyway.
>
> Psychic and Meteor Mash are alright, I suppose, but why Hyper Beam? That's
> a really weird choice, I feel. It's not like Metagross NEEDS a big bad
> physical attack, since it can already make ANY move deadly. I bet it'd even
> be able to kill a ghost with Rock Smash[1].
>
I forget what I overwrote for Hyperbeam, but it's only on there because
Metagross learned it naturally and I wanted to see what it looks like.
I didn't really raise any of these Pokemon with a specific strategy in mind.

> You'd be better off using the clichéd Earthquake, seeing as you're doing 100
> base damage a turn instead of 75 on average, plus Ground moves are awesome.
>
Again, I feel Earthquake to be a bit risky.

>>Flygon - Level 67 - female - "Kite"
>>Item: Dragon Fang
>
>
> I sense a pattern with these items.
>
Yeah.

>>Ability: Levitate (avoids Ground-type attacks)
>>Moves: Dragon Breath, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm, Crunch
>
>
> Again with the Hyper Beam? And are you really such a big fan of Sandstorm
> that Tyranitar's ability isn't quite enough? I mean, half your team will be
> taking damage from Sandstorm themselves.
>
Hyperbeam's there because I thought it'd be better than Sand Tomb, which
I wasn't really using anyway. Sandstorm's next to go, though.

>>Feraligatr - Level 66 - male
>>Item: Mystic Water
>
>
> Right.
>
>
>>Ability: Torrent (enhances Water-type attacks when suffering)
>>Moves: Surf, Slash, Screech, Rain Dance
>
>
> Dear lord. Ignoring the clash of weather for a second, for the love of God,
> replace Slash with something better.
>
Perhaps I should've kept Bite...

> It's hard to suggest improvements when my advice can basically be summarised
> by saying "make all these movesets better, then ask again".
>
>
>>Medicham - Level 66 - male - "Neo"
>>Item: Black Belt
>>Ability: Pure Power
>>Moves: Hi-Jump Kick, Reversal, Recover, Detect
>
>
> What purpose does Detect serve here? You don't have Toxic on anything and
> with the exception of Entei's ability there's no chance of PP-wasting
> anything. Isn't Recover enough to cope with damaging moves? Detect is just
> begging the opponent to use some stat moves.
>
I know, I rarely use Detect. I'm not a big fan of using Poison, either.
My philosophy tends to be, "The opponent shouldn't be standing long
enough for Poisoning to matter."

>>I realise that the least I could do was make them all the same level,
>>but having gone through Story Mode's Mt. Battle so many times to purify
>>Shadow Pokemon I wasn't in the mood to go through the same contenders
>
> again.
>
> Well, the second-least you could do is level them all up until they can no
> longer learn new moves by level-up. The third-least thing you could do is
> train them all until they've maxed out effort values. The fourth-least you
> could do is buy some TMs and trade between Coli and RS.
>
> Mind you, getting a team to :L100 in Coli is child's play. Just keep
> challenging the Deep Colosseum over and over.
>
Noted.

> It's so easy that, once I've trained all my serious Pokémon, I'm going to
> train some really silly Pokémon. I'd love to be battling someone and
> suddenly whip out a :L100 Spinda.
>
Cool.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

My Adventure Quest character:
http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com

Sometimes, I notice someone has posted a reply to one of my messages and
I think, "Oh, great, what did I say this time?"
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 7:26:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

In article <cf0hjr$mqf$1@titan.btinternet.com>,
Steffan Alun <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote:
>"Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:D BLQc.91747$yd5.67588@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>
>> A L100 Spinda...that's one I always wanted to try myself.
>
>I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
>impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.
>
Impossible or simply very tedious? I've got a L96 Manetric in Sapphire,
and I don't know any reason why I couldn't get four more levels on him
(unless the max is 99 or something).

A lot of this is wandering around some of the tougher areas, like Sky
Pillar for example, with a Pokemon I want to raise to L50 for the
Battle Tower carrying the Experience Share. It took a lot of work to
get the team I wanted....

--
David H. Thornley | If you want my opinion, ask.
david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.
http://www.thornley.net/~thornley/david/ | O-
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:02:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

On 07 Aug 2004 15:26:53 GMT, in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon thornley@visi.com
(David Thornley) wrote:

:>I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
:>impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.
:>


Not true, I have a level 100 Blazieken, Manetric and Walrien in Sapphire. I've
spent a lot of hours playing it though. I took them through the final four
(after they had maxed out EV) over and over but they were not holding
experience share. I had others holding the experience share while those three
did the battling.. they could have leveled up to 100 much faster if not for
that.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 11:26:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"David Thornley" <thornley@visi.com> wrote in message
news:4114f4bd$0$65611$a1866201@newsreader.visi.com...
> >I'd actually started training one in Sapphire, but then I remembered it's
> >impossible to train something to :L100 in RS.
> >
> Impossible or simply very tedious?

Tedious to the point of being impossible when you factor in my attention
span.

> A lot of this is wandering around some of the tougher areas, like Sky
> Pillar for example, with a Pokemon I want to raise to L50 for the
> Battle Tower carrying the Experience Share. It took a lot of work to
> get the team I wanted....

Well, yeah, that's the thing. I train whole teams at the same time, so
while the same amount of experience would probably be enough to raise one to
:L100, they only hit :L75 or so before I lose interest.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 1:31:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Steffan Alun wrote:
>
> It's rating time!
>
> Piloswine!

I think Piloswine's a wild boar, not a mammoth. Donphan would probably
be the closest match.

> Aerodactyl!
>
> Dodrio!

Why not Aggron? :) 

> Saber-toothed Gligar!

Why not Raikou? (Answer: Because it wouldn't rhyme...)

> Venosaurus!

Tyranitar, or possibly Groudon.

> (I feel a theme team coming on. Dragonite can round it off.)

#2: Entei, Moltres, Rapidash, ???, Gyarados/Rayquaza, Raikou (again)
#3: Politoed, ???, Mightyena, Ursaring, Primeape, Articuno(?)
#4: Nosepass, ???, ???, Tauros, Ho-oh, ???

I quit watching after that...

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 2:31:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:LSbRc.69487$T_6.28592@edtnps89...
> > It's rating time!
> >
> > Piloswine!
>
> I think Piloswine's a wild boar, not a mammoth. Donphan would probably
> be the closest match.

It's hairy and has tusks, which is why I picked it. MastaDonphan has
potential, though.

> > Aerodactyl!
> >
> > Dodrio!
>
> Why not Aggron? :) 

Oh, good one. I struggled here.

> > Saber-toothed Gligar!
>
> Why not Raikou? (Answer: Because it wouldn't rhyme...)

Correct. ;-)

> > Venosaurus!
>
> Tyranitar, or possibly Groudon.

Again, I went for the rhyme, but rest assured I'll end up going for
Tyranitar.

> > (I feel a theme team coming on. Dragonite can round it off.)
>
> #2: Entei, Moltres, Rapidash, ???, Gyarados/Rayquaza, Raikou (again)
> #3: Politoed, ???, Mightyena, Ursaring, Primeape, Articuno(?)
> #4: Nosepass, ???, ???, Tauros, Ho-oh, ???

I forget which generation this is from (possibly the second and/or third),
but I think Shuckle belongs somewhere.

> I quit watching after that...

I quit watching not long after Cat joined. I liked her character until she
became yet another paper-thin good guy. Uh, girl.

I caught a more recent episode recently, but there was a talking guinea pig,
so I switched off.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 4:32:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>I caught a more recent episode recently, but there was a talking guinea pig,
>so I switched off.

The talking guinea pig's gone, don't worry.

And a small part of me hopes that the series just _ends_ now, just to put it
out of its misery. The latest generation started off on a high note, but it's
been going badly downhill in spots.

BTW; anyone going to mention the name, or will the referenced item remain
nameless?


William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 6:19:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040807203213.19192.00002978@mb-m06.aol.com...
> >I caught a more recent episode recently, but there was a talking guinea
pig,
> >so I switched off.
>
> The talking guinea pig's gone, don't worry.

Not in the UK it's not! At least one episode from each series is shown
every single day. The episode I saw actually showed the origins of the
guinea pig.

> BTW; anyone going to mention the name, or will the referenced item remain
> nameless?

Hey, anyone who's worked it out can't be judgemental of my/our knowledge of
it, since they must know a little bit themselves to have worked it out.

That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering what
sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 10:48:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Steffan Alun wrote:
> That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
> talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering what
> sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.

<raises hand>

Although I won't be wondering. The answer is, "a show with furries and
at least pretensions of plot, possibly the real thing". Now, that
gives much leeway for how good it is...
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 9:54:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:L0kRc.1708$QJ3.723@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> Steffan Alun wrote:
> > That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
> > talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering
what
> > sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.
>
> <raises hand>
>
> Although I won't be wondering. The answer is, "a show with furries and
> at least pretensions of plot, possibly the real thing". Now, that
> gives much leeway for how good it is...

Hey! I watch what my daughter watches. Most of the time there is _no_ plot.
She is too young for any of the shows I really like. <sigh>

daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 9:54:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

daramark wrote:
> "Adrian Tymes" <wingcat@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:L0kRc.1708$QJ3.723@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>Steffan Alun wrote:
>>
>>>That said, I sincerely hope at least one person DOESN'T know what we're
>>>talking about, if only so that they spend the next few days considering
>
> what
>
>>>sort of show has an origins episode for a talking guinea pig.
>>
>><raises hand>
>>
>>Although I won't be wondering. The answer is, "a show with furries and
>>at least pretensions of plot, possibly the real thing". Now, that
>>gives much leeway for how good it is...
>
>
> Hey! I watch what my daughter watches. Most of the time there is _no_ plot.
> She is too young for any of the shows I really like. <sigh>
>
> daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
>
Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part. Kinda.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531
Webcomic: http://desperadocoyote.keenspace.com

My Adventure Quest character:
http://www.battleon.com/aq-chardetail.asp?temp=131213
You can play Adventure Quest at http://www.battleon.com

Sometimes, I notice someone has posted a reply to one of my messages and
I think, "Oh, great, what did I say this time?"
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:49:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
> >
> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part. Kinda.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
through my head for days.

daramark
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 4:25:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>> > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
>> >
>> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
>> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
>> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part. Kinda.
>
>
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
>through my head for days.
>

Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and giant
robots.


William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 7:45:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
news:20040812082542.28913.00001064@mb-m26.aol.com...
>>> > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
>>> >
>>> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
>>> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
>>> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part.
>>> Kinda.
>>
>>
>>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
>>through my head for days.
>>
>
> Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and
> giant
> robots.

My guess is it's the latest incarnation of the Power Rangers?
DinoThunder or somethingerother? Only show I can think of
with ninja-dressed unstealthy people, large robots and a
Hamtaro-sensei. Yeeesch.

The Magic Engineer
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:36:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message news:<k9a%c.6945$Kx4.5148@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>...
> "William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:20040812082542.28913.00001064@mb-m26.aol.com...
> >>> > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
> >>> >
> >>> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the talking
> >>> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though, since
> >>> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part.
> >>> Kinda.
> >>
> >>
> >>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that running
> >>through my head for days.
> >>
> >
> > Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and
> > giant
> > robots.
>
> My guess is it's the latest incarnation of the Power Rangers?
> DinoThunder or somethingerother? Only show I can think of
> with ninja-dressed unstealthy people, large robots and a
> Hamtaro-sensei. Yeeesch.
>

Close. Very close indeed.

Power Rangers Ninja Storm, the second-most shiny new one. Dino
Thunder's just one big nostalgia fest.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:42:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"William Rendfeld" <WARendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
news:c52dcd5b.0409070336.1df67618@posting.google.com...
> "The Magic Engineer" <pem79@flash.net> wrote in message
news:<k9a%c.6945$Kx4.5148@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>...
> > "William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
> > news:20040812082542.28913.00001064@mb-m26.aol.com...
> > >>> > daramark -->wondering what show you guys are talking about.
> > >>> >
> > >>> Here's a hint: It has ninjas. Well, in the same season as the
talking
> > >>> guinea pig, at least. I wouldn't really call them ninjas, though,
since
> > >>> they are neither stealthy nor assassins, but they dress the part.
> > >>> Kinda.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I have had the theme song for that
running
> > >>through my head for days.
> > >>
> > >
> > > Nah, that has a talking rat. What we're talking about has 'ninjas' and
> > > giant
> > > robots.
> >
> > My guess is it's the latest incarnation of the Power Rangers?
> > DinoThunder or somethingerother? Only show I can think of
> > with ninja-dressed unstealthy people, large robots and a
> > Hamtaro-sensei. Yeeesch.
> >
>
> Close. Very close indeed.
>
> Power Rangers Ninja Storm, the second-most shiny new one. Dino
> Thunder's just one big nostalgia fest.

<shudder>

daramark ----> I only watched each movie once when babysitting, then when it
went in, I cleaned in another room! lol
!