Booting from a USB Jumpdrive

I am booting from a Lexar JumpDrive. It gets the letter
C: assigned to it. Once I boot, I need to get to my hard
drive but it cannot find it. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.

Windows 2000 isn't support for booting off of jump drives. In other words it
wasn't designed to do it.

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support

"mrralan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am booting from a Lexar JumpDrive. It gets the letter
> C: assigned to it. Once I boot, I need to get to my hard
> drive but it cannot find it. What am I doing wrong?
> Thank you.

I am just trying to see my C: drive, once I boot from the
usb jumpdrive so I can bring an image to it. Are you
saying that if the C: drive has Windows 2000 on it, I will
not be able to see it if I boot from the usb
jumpdrive...but if the C: drive has Windows XP on it I
will be able to see it? I am a little confused. Thanks!

Rich

confers no rights.
>"mrralan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I am booting from a Lexar JumpDrive. It gets the letter
>> C: assigned to it. Once I boot, I need to get to my
hard
>> drive but it cannot find it. What am I doing wrong?
>> Thank you.
>>

>.

If your hd is formatted ntfs, you won't be able to see it if you boot
to a dos (fat) device. You'd have the same situation if you booted
from a win98 or dos boot floppy.