Disk read Error occured.

Ok
I am installing win 2000 pro on a p4 40gb ata controller.
I can install 2000 fat no problem.
When I go to convert to NTFS it gives me a disk read error
occured.
Thanks for you help.
2 answers Last reply
More about disk read error occured

    "Gerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok
    > I am installing win 2000 pro on a p4 40gb ata controller.
    > I can install 2000 fat no problem.
    > When I go to convert to NTFS it gives me a disk read error
    > occured.
    > Thanks for you help.

    run a harddrive diagnostic

    What is the disk error verbatim?

    --
    Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
    Enterprise Platform Support

    "Gerald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok
    > I am installing win 2000 pro on a p4 40gb ata controller.
    > I can install 2000 fat no problem.
    > When I go to convert to NTFS it gives me a disk read error
    > occured.
    > Thanks for you help.

Disk Read Error Controller Microsoft Windows