[PW!] [NS] [BIG MONDO PROJECT] Let's PW! MAX!

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html

(I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)

So, would anyone like to help?
10 answers Last reply
More about mondo project

    Newton Haights wrote:

    > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
    >
    > (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)
    >
    > So, would anyone like to help?

    [Reads page]

    Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
    PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?

    I have a microphone, by the way. Unfortunately, it might be broken.
    The last time I used it I had to turn the volume all the way up to
    (barely) hear what I had recorded.

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    message news:2nnhnpF2mlo1U1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Newton Haights wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
    > >
    > > (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)

    (Oh, by the way, I reuploaded, with smaller screenshots and a filename that
    actually works for the banner.)

    > > So, would anyone like to help?
    > >
    > [Reads page]
    >
    > Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
    > PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?

    That's to be decided now, I guess. I was originally thinking "nameless
    announcer guy", or hell, even "impersonation of dub TV narrator guy",
    although Rob said he'd do voices from his own characters if it called for
    that. Announcer-wise, if there's any deliberation to be done now, it's
    coming up with announcerisms in the first place.

    > I have a microphone, by the way. Unfortunately, it might be broken.
    > The last time I used it I had to turn the volume all the way up to
    > (barely) hear what I had recorded.

    Probably best not to try, then. I'd like it to be a decent announcer pack,
    which requires two things: (a) a decent recording quality (you're out), and
    (b) a decent voice and some microphone presence, for lack of a better term
    (I'm out).

    But yeah, once the pack phrases are finalized, we'll decide who records, and
    what voices to use. Anyone with a confident voice and a decent microphone
    is welcome to (pre-)volunteer right now, though. DDR exposure is
    appreciated, but probably not necessary.

    ....this is turning more and more into a classified ad, isn't it?

    Newton Haights wrote:
    > "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    > message news:2nnhnpF2mlo1U1@uni-berlin.de...
    >
    >>Newton Haights wrote:

    >>>So, would anyone like to help?
    >>>

    >>[Reads page]
    >>
    >>Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
    >>PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?
    >

    > That's to be decided now, I guess. I was originally thinking "nameless
    > announcer guy", or hell, even "impersonation of dub TV narrator guy",
    > although Rob said he'd do voices from his own characters if it called for
    > that. Announcer-wise, if there's any deliberation to be done now, it's
    > coming up with announcerisms in the first place.

    I see. Could there be more than one announcer? Like if you choose a
    character or something, and it has its own lines and such. Or can there
    only be one?

    --

    message news:2nq78eF3kt8jU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Newton Haights wrote:
    > > "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
    > > message news:2nnhnpF2mlo1U1@uni-berlin.de...

    > >>[Reads page]
    > >>
    > >>Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
    > >>PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?
    > >

    > > That's to be decided now, I guess. I was originally thinking "nameless
    > > announcer guy", or hell, even "impersonation of dub TV narrator guy",
    > > although Rob said he'd do voices from his own characters if it called
    for
    > > that. Announcer-wise, if there's any deliberation to be done now, it's
    > > coming up with announcerisms in the first place.
    > >
    > I see. Could there be more than one announcer? Like if you choose a
    > character or something, and it has its own lines and such. Or can there
    > only be one?

    Yes.

    I should elaborate. Every pack we make is its own pack -- when it's
    selected as the announcer in StepMania, only the sounds in that pack will
    play unless you change to another announcer. An announcer pack can have
    more than one person speaking in it -- there are two announcers in DDR
    Ultramix (XBox) and a pack would therefore have both people represented in
    the one pack.

    Choosing a character in SM won't choose an annoucer pack, though. Two
    entirely separate entities. It wouldn't really make sense to make an
    announcer pack just to match the character on the screen anyway, since that
    character is kinda sorta an extension of you, especially in beginner mode
    when the character does the same steps you do. You wouldn't be announcing
    to yourself, would you? (You could, but you'd be out of breath.)

    "Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message news:<2nksnvF20n70U1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
    >
    > (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)
    >
    > So, would anyone like to help?
    EEHEEHEE!! YOU WANT TO USE MY ART! *is ecstatic* YES!! USE IT!! ^o^

    ~Amber the psychopathic wallpapering fox

    > Probably best not to try, then. I'd like it to be a decent announcer pack,
    > which requires two things: (a) a decent recording quality (you're out), and
    > (b) a decent voice and some microphone presence, for lack of a better term
    > (I'm out).
    >
    > But yeah, once the pack phrases are finalized, we'll decide who records, and
    > what voices to use. Anyone with a confident voice and a decent microphone
    > is welcome to (pre-)volunteer right now, though. DDR exposure is
    > appreciated, but probably not necessary.
    >
    > ...this is turning more and more into a classified ad, isn't it?

    I have a microphone AND a corny announcer voice!! XD I could help out
    there, if you'd like. Just tell me what you want me to do ^__^
    Oh and what filetype would you want the recordings to be in? .AIFF?
    ..MP3? Meh? Meh?

    "Amber" <kitsunenoasobi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
    > >
    > > (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)
    > >
    > > So, would anyone like to help?
    > EEHEEHEE!! YOU WANT TO USE MY ART! *is ecstatic* YES!! USE IT!! ^o^

    Yikes.

    Thank you. =D
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Amber wrote:
    > Oh and what filetype would you want the recordings to be in? .AIFF?
    > .MP3? Meh? Meh?

    What is this "Meh" format? ^_-
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > > Probably best not to try, then. I'd like it to be a decent announcer
    pack,
    > > which requires two things: (a) a decent recording quality (you're out),
    and
    > > (b) a decent voice and some microphone presence, for lack of a better
    term
    > > (I'm out).
    > >
    > > But yeah, once the pack phrases are finalized, we'll decide who records,
    and
    > > what voices to use. Anyone with a confident voice and a decent
    microphone
    > > is welcome to (pre-)volunteer right now, though. DDR exposure is
    > > appreciated, but probably not necessary.
    > >
    > > ...this is turning more and more into a classified ad, isn't it?
    >
    > I have a microphone AND a corny announcer voice!! XD I could help out
    > there, if you'd like. Just tell me what you want me to do ^__^
    > Oh and what filetype would you want the recordings to be in? .AIFF?
    > .MP3? Meh? Meh?

    MP3 or OGG, probably.

    Just curious, have you seen a DDR machine?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > > > So, would anyone like to help?
    > > EEHEEHEE!! YOU WANT TO USE MY ART! *is ecstatic* YES!! USE IT!! ^o^
    >
    > Yikes.
    >
    > Thank you. =D

    Not a problem!! *ecstatic*
    Sorry for the super-excited reply, but ya know...not many people pay
    attention to my stuff ^_^; Meeeeh...

Games Nintendo Video Games