[PW!] [NS] [BIG MONDO PROJECT] Let's PW! MAX!

Newton Haights wrote:

> http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
>
> (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)
>
> So, would anyone like to help?

[Reads page]

Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?

I have a microphone, by the way. Unfortunately, it might be broken.
The last time I used it I had to turn the volume all the way up to
(barely) hear what I had recorded.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

"Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:2nnhnpF2mlo1U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Newton Haights wrote:
>
> > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
> >
> > (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)

(Oh, by the way, I reuploaded, with smaller screenshots and a filename that
actually works for the banner.)

> > So, would anyone like to help?
> >
> [Reads page]
>
> Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
> PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?

That's to be decided now, I guess. I was originally thinking "nameless
announcer guy", or hell, even "impersonation of dub TV narrator guy",
although Rob said he'd do voices from his own characters if it called for
that. Announcer-wise, if there's any deliberation to be done now, it's
coming up with announcerisms in the first place.

> I have a microphone, by the way. Unfortunately, it might be broken.
> The last time I used it I had to turn the volume all the way up to
> (barely) hear what I had recorded.

Probably best not to try, then. I'd like it to be a decent announcer pack,
which requires two things: (a) a decent recording quality (you're out), and
(b) a decent voice and some microphone presence, for lack of a better term
(I'm out).

But yeah, once the pack phrases are finalized, we'll decide who records, and
what voices to use. Anyone with a confident voice and a decent microphone
is welcome to (pre-)volunteer right now, though. DDR exposure is
appreciated, but probably not necessary.

....this is turning more and more into a classified ad, isn't it?

Newton Haights wrote:
> "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:2nnhnpF2mlo1U1@uni-berlin.de...
>
>>Newton Haights wrote:

>>>So, would anyone like to help?
>>>

>>[Reads page]
>>
>>Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
>>PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?
>

> That's to be decided now, I guess. I was originally thinking "nameless
> announcer guy", or hell, even "impersonation of dub TV narrator guy",
> although Rob said he'd do voices from his own characters if it called for
> that. Announcer-wise, if there's any deliberation to be done now, it's
> coming up with announcerisms in the first place.

I see. Could there be more than one announcer? Like if you choose a
character or something, and it has its own lines and such. Or can there
only be one?

--

message news:2nq78eF3kt8jU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Newton Haights wrote:
> > "Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> > message news:2nnhnpF2mlo1U1@uni-berlin.de...

> >>[Reads page]
> >>
> >>Announcerisms, eh? Would the announcer be a specific character from
> >>PokeWars, or just some nameless voice?
> >

> > That's to be decided now, I guess. I was originally thinking "nameless
> > announcer guy", or hell, even "impersonation of dub TV narrator guy",
> > although Rob said he'd do voices from his own characters if it called
for
> > that. Announcer-wise, if there's any deliberation to be done now, it's
> > coming up with announcerisms in the first place.
> >
> I see. Could there be more than one announcer? Like if you choose a
> character or something, and it has its own lines and such. Or can there
> only be one?

Yes.

I should elaborate. Every pack we make is its own pack -- when it's
selected as the announcer in StepMania, only the sounds in that pack will
play unless you change to another announcer. An announcer pack can have
more than one person speaking in it -- there are two announcers in DDR
Ultramix (XBox) and a pack would therefore have both people represented in
the one pack.

Choosing a character in SM won't choose an annoucer pack, though. Two
entirely separate entities. It wouldn't really make sense to make an
announcer pack just to match the character on the screen anyway, since that
character is kinda sorta an extension of you, especially in beginner mode
when the character does the same steps you do. You wouldn't be announcing
to yourself, would you? (You could, but you'd be out of breath.)

"Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message news:<2nksnvF20n70U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
>
> (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)
>
> So, would anyone like to help?
EEHEEHEE!! YOU WANT TO USE MY ART! *is ecstatic* YES!! USE IT!! ^o^

~Amber the psychopathic wallpapering fox

> Probably best not to try, then. I'd like it to be a decent announcer pack,
> which requires two things: (a) a decent recording quality (you're out), and
> (b) a decent voice and some microphone presence, for lack of a better term
> (I'm out).
>
> But yeah, once the pack phrases are finalized, we'll decide who records, and
> what voices to use. Anyone with a confident voice and a decent microphone
> is welcome to (pre-)volunteer right now, though. DDR exposure is
> appreciated, but probably not necessary.
>
> ...this is turning more and more into a classified ad, isn't it?

I have a microphone AND a corny announcer voice!! XD I could help out
there, if you'd like. Just tell me what you want me to do ^__^
Oh and what filetype would you want the recordings to be in? .AIFF?
..MP3? Meh? Meh?

"Amber" <kitsunenoasobi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/newhaights/PWMAX.html
> >
> > (I apologize for the broken images. I'm too lazy to reupload them.)
> >
> > So, would anyone like to help?
> EEHEEHEE!! YOU WANT TO USE MY ART! *is ecstatic* YES!! USE IT!! ^o^

Yikes.

Thank you. =D

Amber wrote:
> Oh and what filetype would you want the recordings to be in? .AIFF?
> .MP3? Meh? Meh?

What is this "Meh" format? ^_-

> > Probably best not to try, then. I'd like it to be a decent announcer
pack,
> > which requires two things: (a) a decent recording quality (you're out),
and
> > (b) a decent voice and some microphone presence, for lack of a better
term
> > (I'm out).
> >
> > But yeah, once the pack phrases are finalized, we'll decide who records,
and
> > what voices to use. Anyone with a confident voice and a decent
microphone
> > is welcome to (pre-)volunteer right now, though. DDR exposure is
> > appreciated, but probably not necessary.
> >
> > ...this is turning more and more into a classified ad, isn't it?
>
> I have a microphone AND a corny announcer voice!! XD I could help out
> there, if you'd like. Just tell me what you want me to do ^__^
> Oh and what filetype would you want the recordings to be in? .AIFF?
> .MP3? Meh? Meh?

MP3 or OGG, probably.

Just curious, have you seen a DDR machine?

> > > So, would anyone like to help?
> > EEHEEHEE!! YOU WANT TO USE MY ART! *is ecstatic* YES!! USE IT!! ^o^
>
> Yikes.
>
> Thank you. =D

Not a problem!! *ecstatic*
Sorry for the super-excited reply, but ya know...not many people pay
attention to my stuff ^_^; Meeeeh...