[R/S][?] Training/Leveling after the Effort Ribbon

So the woman in the Slatesport market gave my seaking the Effort Ribbon for
being a hard worker.

Now it is my understanding that receiving that ribbon implies that I have maxed
out the effort points (a sum of 510) that I can acquire from battling other
Pokemon. I also believe it means that my pokémon will not accept any more
vitamins since those add to one's effort point totals.

All that being said, does it no longer matter how quickly I level up my seaking
and does it no longer matter whom it battles in order to level up? I would
think that would be the case since its effort points have been maxed out.
Comments are welcome.

- Chad
who is finally getting around to completing Pokémon Sapphire

"Notus00" <notus00@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> So the woman in the Slatesport market gave my seaking the Effort Ribbon
for
> being a hard worker.
>
> Now it is my understanding that receiving that ribbon implies that I have
maxed
> out the effort points (a sum of 510) that I can acquire from battling
other
> Pokemon. I also believe it means that my pokémon will not accept any more
> vitamins since those add to one's effort point totals.
>
> All that being said, does it no longer matter how quickly I level up my
seaking
> and does it no longer matter whom it battles in order to level up?

Yeah, once you've got that ribbon, effort points are worthless. You can
throw caution to the wind and Rare Candy them up, or just beat anything that
comes your way.

I am curious, though - you're training a SEAKING? What moveset? What
purpose?

--
Steffan

>I am curious, though - you're training a SEAKING? What moveset? What
>purpose?

I know that there are a *lot* of other better water pokémon out there, but I
figured I would try out Seaking this time around because:

[a] The Lv5 Goldeen it evolved from was the first thing I caught while fishing
(an omen? j/k).

I'm using it as one of my two "Swiss army knives" (see moveset below),
Linoone being the other.

[c] Sometimes I will use the pokémon the main TV show characters use (Geodude,
Onix, Zubat, Staryu, Goldeen, Arbok, Koffing, Venonat, etc.) for variety
instead of power.

I wished I had known about effort points as I was leveling it (I just learnt
about them this weekend) as I would have focused on raising its Special Attack
which is unfortunately the *lowest* of all its stats.

SEAKING o+ Lv45
NRM Horn Attack
WTR Dive
WTR Waterfall
WTR Surf

I might later replace Horn Attack with Hyper Beam, Blizzard, or Ice Beam (Horn
Drill is too unreliable IMHO). Horn Attack has worked out OK so far in the RPG
as its Attack is its highest stat (by coincidence).

I'll eventually train a better water pokémon, but Seaking hasn't been too bad

- Chad
who might raise a Cacturne next for fun

> - Chad
> who might raise a Cacturne next for fun

I have been trying to get a Cacturne (it's been a while since I checked into
my pokes...) I think it's in my Sapphire, but they are slow growing... no
pun intended.

daramark