Files Saving - Automatic Duplication

March 11, 2005 10:07:02 AM

For some reason, all files that I am saving to my personal folder are also
being saved in the "My Documents" folder and vice versa. The folders are MS
Word, Windows Media Player, photos, etc. It seems to be all of these files.
The same thing occurs if I delete a file or move a file in either of the
folders. They are mirror images of each other. I would delete one of the
folders, but I am concerned that I would also automatically delete the other
folder. The computer is relatively new, and I have gone back over the set up,
but cannot find any option that I might have selected that would cause this.
Any help is appreciated.
March 11, 2005 1:41:51 PM

"jdcolv" <jdcolv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, all files that I am saving to my personal folder are also
> being saved in the "My Documents" folder and vice versa. The folders are
> MS
> Word, Windows Media Player, photos, etc. It seems to be all of these
> files.
> The same thing occurs if I delete a file or move a file in either of the
> folders. They are mirror images of each other. I would delete one of the
> folders, but I am concerned that I would also automatically delete the
> other
> folder. The computer is relatively new, and I have gone back over the set
> up,
> but cannot find any option that I might have selected that would cause
> this.
> Any help is appreciated.

When you say "personal folder", are you referring to your account folder in
Documents and Setting, and then the My Documents Folder in there?
!