Dual boot win2k and win2k

How do I go about setting up a dual boot between win2k and win2k?

Is there a step by step guide on a help page? The win2k CD seems criptic.

I would like to try some software out before installing it "for real". Also
in the long run it would also be good to create an environment where I could
install games and demos that would not effect my CAD and other work related
programs. To do this I would like to set up a dual boot system on my win2k
computer.

I have a spare 16 GB in a separate partition on the second hard disk. It is
FAT32 at present but that can change.

The primary partition is an NTFS.

TIA Pier
1 answer Last reply
More about dual boot win2k win2k

    Either boot the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four
    install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
    \bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
    makebt32.exe
    (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts. Then install to the unallocated space
    on drive1 (second drive) Setup will create the dual-boot loader for you.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Rock Eater" wrote:
    | How do I go about setting up a dual boot between win2k and win2k?
    |
    | Is there a step by step guide on a help page? The win2k CD seems criptic.
    |
    | I would like to try some software out before installing it "for real".
    Also
    | in the long run it would also be good to create an environment where I
    could
    | install games and demos that would not effect my CAD and other work
    related
    | programs. To do this I would like to set up a dual boot system on my win2k
    | computer.
    |
    | I have a spare 16 GB in a separate partition on the second hard disk. It
    is
    | FAT32 at present but that can change.
    |
    | The primary partition is an NTFS.
    |
    | TIA Pier