weird problem with xfx 7900gs!!!

schumi_thelegend

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
hi, i just installed my xfx 7900gs into my new computer. its factory overclocked (600Mhz vs 450Mhz) standard and 1600Mhz memory.

many times when i play games and return to the desktop, everything starts to look extremely fuzzy, especially the text. the problem is sometimes solved by restarting the comp. and sometimes the problem arises right after i boot up. and also all the videos look extremely dark and this problem is there with every player (media player, nero showtime, power dvd etc) and most formats including dvds. this is a relatively new problem and was non-existent with my integrated g965 graphics.

also i am a little concerned abt the temps. it runs at 55-60 at idle and 75-80 at full load. is it normal for this card.
Please help!

AdamBomb42

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
The temps are a bit high, but within spec. I have the same card but it's on water so my temps are much lower. As for the blurryness, are you on the latest driver from nvidia? Have you tried another monitor? Have you tried the card in another computer?

schumi_thelegend

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
i am not using water cooling. but i have a roomy casing with 2 chassis fans where 1 side panel fan blows out air directly from the card. even after installing this fan the temperature r exactly the same, maybe a decrease by 1-2C