Striga Island "hidden" task force

I finally unlocked the so-called 'hidden' tf with an alt of mine, and
omg, is this one fun! I'd go so far as to say that if you don't have
an alt of the proper level to do this (I beleive the level limit is 25
to 30) that its worth creating one just to do this.

Note that I'm not going to include any significant spoilers -- doiing
so wil ruin the experience for you. I'll just give general info here
to help you unlock the TF, and what you'll need to finish it.

To unlock it, yoiu must do all of the missions for the 4 standard
Striga Island contacts. At the end of the last mission, you are sent
to a contact who will remain unmarked on your map when you are done
(Ernest Hess). Once you find him, put a thumbtack at his location so
that you can return to him later.

Note that you won't be able to finish all of the Striga Island
missions until you are 25 (I finished the last mission for one of the
contacts when I was 23, and, could not talk to the next one until I
was 25).

To start the task force, yoiu'll need a group of 7 or 8 people. Only
the leader of the group is required to have unlocked the task force.
I don't know the exact level limits for sure, but I'm assuming that
its 25 to 30, based on our group.. Keep in in mind that the levels
of mobs that you will encounter in this will get as high as 32, and
some of the missions are kind of tough.(especially the last one). I'd
follow your usual instincts for forming large groups. I do however
recommend that all low-levels be side-kicked in, at least, the bigger
missions (last one for sure). Also, a lot of the missions are around
that big Council fortress, so an unsidekicked higher level person with
Recall Friend would be a big help to get the lowbies to the missions
safely (we had 2 deaths just travelling between missions). Also, a
defender or controller with rez wouild be very useful as well
(remember, their is no hospital on Striga Island, and you should
expect multiple deaths, particularly on the last mission).

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
> I finally unlocked the so-called 'hidden' tf with an alt of mine, and
> omg, is this one fun! I'd go so far as to say that if you don't have
> an alt of the proper level to do this (I beleive the level limit is 25
> to 30) that its worth creating one just to do this.

Thanks for the info. I had levelled past all but one of the Striga
contacts, so I did a couple of missions and was refererred to Hess. Since I
rarely have time for TFs, I haven't been back. Nice to have the info,
though.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:07:51 GMT, Graham Zaretsky
<grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:

>To unlock it, yoiu must do all of the missions for the 4 standard
>Striga Island contacts. At the end of the last mission, you are sent
>to a contact who will remain unmarked on your map when you are done
>(Ernest Hess). Once you find him, put a thumbtack at his location so
>that you can return to him later.

Outstanding info.

WIsh there was more out there.

Also noticed that rpgexpert removed all the info they had on us.

Lame.