any suggestions to fix directv sonySatHD 100 reciever

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 17, 2004 6:58:50 AM

My reciever is on the blinq (it's dying). The incoming signal strength goes
from 0 to 90 back to zero and continues to do this.My tivo directv in basement
works just fine. The Sat HD 100 Sony works fine when I first turn it on after
pulling the plug then goes right back to problems. I am thinking it might be an
overheating probably any thoughts. Like I stated it goes 80 to zero to 80 to
zero
dan
August 18, 2004 2:36:55 AM

It would seem to me your overheating guess would be a good one. Do you have
any way to cool it more than usual to see if it helps?

Otherwise, could anything be blocking the signal, like a tree branch blowing
in the wind? Has your antenna moved or gotten loose? Do all the
transponders show the same behavior?

Have you checked your cabeling lately or your connections? Could one have
gotten corroded?

Do you know anyone who would let you borrow another box to check the signal?

Clark

"Dan the fan" <westislip@aol.comspambloc> wrote in message
> My reciever is on the blinq (it's dying). The incoming signal strength
goes
> from 0 to 90 back to zero and continues to do this.My tivo directv in
basement
> works just fine. The Sat HD 100 Sony works fine when I first turn it on
after
> pulling the plug then goes right back to problems. I am thinking it might
be an
> overheating probably any thoughts. Like I stated it goes 80 to zero to 80
> zero
> dan
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 2:36:56 AM

One reasonably priced servicer of Sat receivers is:

Technical Satellite Repair
877-877-3952
Harrisburg, PA

Not sure whether they do the Sony or not but I suspect they do. Otherwise,
send it to Sony.

Leonard

!