Sign in with
Your question

D-Link DNS-323: A brand-name NAS worth waiting for.

Last response: in Toms Network
November 15, 2006 10:22:51 PM

Given all the stuff you've got squirreled away on your NAS, maybe you should be thinking of stepping up to RAID for a bit of storage insurance. Craig Ellison looked at D-Link's DNS-323 and liked what he saw.
November 16, 2006 2:00:53 PM

Good review, thanks :)  .

The "Join our discussion on this topic" link isn't in the bottom of this review.
November 25, 2006 11:40:03 AM

Great review on a great NAS device.

I actually just ordered 2x Seagate 500 Gig SATA drives yesterday morning from Newegg... they were (still are) at $150 a piece, and $4 to ship each to me.... Any word on when this NAS will be available? Every page I have found shows it to be out of stock or backordered, including D-Link's page.

Also, as the previous poster stated, there is still no "join our discussion on this article" link within the article.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 26, 2006 12:41:33 PM

Hi,
Enjoyed the review, just can't find any in stock in the Uk.

One thing that was missing from the review was the amount of RAM that the device uses.
I tried looking at the pictures but the wording was two blurred.

Could you let me know the ram and flash sizes please.
I want to add some of my own services such as a cvs server and this info would be very useful.

Thanks
Ken
December 15, 2006 7:01:14 PM

Just noticed on the D-Link page that this unit is in-stock now... Hooray...
February 16, 2007 5:18:16 AM

The D-Link DNS-323 is a terrible device. It was a waste of time and money for me. Dumps data just by powering it off & on. Tigerdirect will not refund me my money because it is a programming error on the unit. D-Link will not issue a refund because they don't refund people for their products and only tell you to contact the seller, Tigerdirect.
I could barely hear Tech Support and their phone system dumped me 2 times, both times the Tech Support tech was talking to me mid-sentence.
For more on my experience with a D-Link DNS-323 go to http://www.broadbandgis.com/public/DNS323.pdf.
This device should not be used to back-up data!!!
February 16, 2007 8:05:19 PM

would I be right to assume that this would be the best devise in its class
!