changing virtual drive causes operating sys not found error

hi ya
I changed my win2000 virtual drive from c: to f: and
followed the restart option and now I recive an error on
boot that operating system not found. I belive that the
hard drives are not being reconized. I have lost my boot
disk and cannot figure out how to get around prob.
thanks
Shawn
1 answer Last reply
More about changing virtual drive operating found error

    Try creating a boot floppy. For the floppy to successfully boot Windows 2000
    the disk must contain the "NT" boot sector. Format a diskette (on an 2000
    machine, not a DOS/Win9x, so the NT boot sector gets written to the floppy),
    then copy ntldr, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini to it; and possibly
    ntbootdd.sys. Edit the boot.ini to give it a correct ARC path for the
    machine you wish to boot.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "s.patton" wrote:
    | hi ya
    | I changed my win2000 virtual drive from c: to f: and
    | followed the restart option and now I recive an error on
    | boot that operating system not found. I belive that the
    | hard drives are not being reconized. I have lost my boot
    | disk and cannot figure out how to get around prob.
    | thanks
    | Shawn

Microsoft Hard Drives Windows