Sign in with
Your question

DVI=>VGA @ xfx 7900 gs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 26, 2007 5:20:07 PM

HI,

I am using an XfX 7900 GS 525-M Extreme on an Asus striker extreme mainboard, and i use the DVI => VGA adapter...is there anything special to do? My monitor stil says "no signal"...

The Card is built in at the PCI-E x16 slot and the 6-pin for power is installed...something special to do that i can see the BIOS on Monitor? oO

More about : dvi vga xfx 7900

February 26, 2007 5:47:27 PM

Are you connecting it to the video card or the mobo? I have a connector for monitors on my mobo, and a DVI and VGA on my 7800. Doesnt work on the mobo, only the video card for me (also using a dvi-vga adapter, running dual monitor).
February 26, 2007 6:00:23 PM

No, there in't anything like an VGA or DVI connector on the mobo...

My problem is, that the POST-test runs without complications now, but i got no signal from the grapic-card...

and i don't know if i have to install any drivers that i get a signal throught the gra-card to on of the two DVI-ports?
Related resources
March 1, 2007 12:53:16 PM

There are no drivers that have to installed other than the normal video card drivers, even these will not be required to get a signal for boot-up.

Have you used the DVI adaptor that came with that card? I tried to use an adaptor that came with a different card on an 8800 and it would not work, I wasn't aware of any differences but apparently there are some.

There also should not be any difference which port you connect to on the card, they both should work pretty much the same.
March 1, 2007 1:11:38 PM

Umm... is the card plugged in? To the PSU? Sorry I had to ask. I know that my old GeForce 6600 would tell you if it wasn't plugged in, but some might not. If not, you may have to consider the possibilty that the card is a lemon.
-cm
March 2, 2007 3:44:38 PM

You see the bios information but do not see windows once it loads? Are we sure windows is loading do you hear the noise through the speakers? You should also start a support ticket at www.xfxforce.com and PM me the ticket number. Have you tried using another DVI-VGA adapter? Is the monitor set for VGA as the input?

XFX Support
March 2, 2007 3:54:57 PM

Dude, if your a support person you should know this:
Support Tickets Suck.

All a customer wants to do is email someone and get an answer, not screw around with determining whether he has a "loss of display" vs. a "display error"...
-cm
March 2, 2007 5:19:35 PM

Support Tickets are our way of keeping up with the situation. Sometimes it takes more then a one word answer. Questions have to be asked in order for a solution to be formed. That was the single most ignorant comment I have read today.
!