Upgrade help.

I had windows ME on my computer. I formatted the hard
drive and loaded windows 2000, however, somehow I loaded
it twice. I would like to be able to just run windows
2000 once... How can I get the system to be able to use
the whole hard drive and memory resources for one
operating system and how do I delete the other one? I
don't have anything on here that I really need to save, I
have all my program disks.

Thanks for your patience, I'm just learning all of this.

Philo

"Just learning" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had windows ME on my computer. I formatted the hard
> drive and loaded windows 2000, however, somehow I loaded
> it twice. I would like to be able to just run windows
> 2000 once... How can I get the system to be able to use
> the whole hard drive and memory resources for one
> operating system and how do I delete the other one? I
> don't have anything on here that I really need to save, I
> have all my program disks.
>
> Thanks for your patience, I'm just learning all of this.

you need to remove the unwanted entry from boot.ini

then delete that windows folder

or, since you have nothing on the drive yet...

maybe just start over with a new install and format the drive