windows starting up error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 25, 2004 9:40:28 PM

I recently aquired a virus on my hard drive. I did a
reformat and reinstall of win2000 on the hard drive. It
booted normally 5 or 6 times as I completed all the
updates off of microsofts website. I then went to restart
and now the pc will boot to the black screen with the
words "starting windows" in white and when the progress
bar reaches the end no other processes take place. It
just stays on that screen....any advice at all would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg

More about : windows starting error

May 26, 2004 2:19:29 PM

Firstly if you connected to the internet prior to installing a Firewall and
AV app you are allmost certainly infected again.

!