MB: ASUS P5B VM DO (micro board)
RAM: 1Gb DDR2 800 x2
Graphic card: Forsa Geforce 7900 GTX
harddrive: 60Gb IDE

Average temp(winter) MB temp: 45C CPU temp: 50C

Testing game- TES4:Oblivion, Call of Duty 2

Problem on Oblivion:
1. Hangs less than 1 minute (at least 15 seconds) and back to normal
2. After each hangs, as it back to normal, FPS slighty slower than before.

Problem on COD 2:
1. Hangs less than 1 minute and back to normal (same as above)
2. FPS slower much more than Oblivion after hangs
3. If you quit the game after the hangs, every single mouse clicks on the windows interface would cause black screen.

In addition, each hangs causing CPU work 50%+ in-game sound repeat. But back to normal afterwards

Comment: I was wondering if that is power supply problem, i'm still not sure whats going on, the card itself or .....

See if you guys have any ideas of whats going on about my PC, how to fix it..HELP~~me~~ :cry:

Thank you very much :eek:

It could be the PSU. List its specs for better help.

Also, did you overclock the card? I overclocked my NV 6800 a little too high (see sig) and was experiencing similar problemsin COD2, just without the black screen thing. If you did, back the core off a few mhz and see what happens. If it was factory overclocked and the issue is not the PSU, get a replacement.

hygogg

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
thanks for the reply :D

I didn't overclock the graphic card, but the card doesn't say it's been overclocked.

the box show requirment of PSU is 350W

also, a little note that the hangs happens on high quality games.
it runs pretty well on other games like ROSE online, tribes venegance...etc

one more weird thing i found, is that every time when i click on the Nvidia settings on the panel at the right hand corner would cause black screen.
it just black out and back to normal in a second.

First, lets try something that won't cost you money. Completely uninstall the drivers for the card and reinstall them.

If that doesn't work you may need to spend a bit. To me it looks like the PSU is holding you back. From what I've seen 350 is not enough for the 7900 GTX no matter what the Amps on the +12V rails. It seems like not enough power is going to card when it's under load. For good recommendations for PSUs take a look at PSU 101 and PSU reference US. PSU 101 will give you good insctructions on what to look for when buying a PSU. The reference list is a list of top end power supplies that will be good for your system. mpilch knows his stuff so listen to what he says.

Hope this helped.

hygogg

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
ah sorry about that..
i meant the 7900GTX's box said 350W PSU required
the PSU i am using right now is 480W

since i am using small computer case, i afraid that there are no 500+W small PSU for my computer case

ill go check the brand and specs of the PSU brb

hygogg

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
one more weird thing i found, is that every time when i click on the Nvidia settings on the panel at the right hand corner would cause black screen.
it just black out and back to normal in a second.

ok for that one i changed monitor and it fixed.
But the hangs problem still not solved yet, i tried reinstall window, latest nvidia driver, put card on another computer....

what i think the only problem is on either
1 (might be)IDE 60gb harddrive
2. graphic card itself
3. PSU.