Two Win2000 Options

I had problems with Win200 Pro. Itried all kinds of
repairs. I eventually decided to re-install Win 2000. Now
I have 2 Win 2000 on my system, and at boot up I have to
make a choice. One will not boot up, but the other will,
however, I can't use all of the programs. I have to re-
install each program I'm using.

Sounds like you did a parallel install, installing windows either into a
different partition or a different sub directory on the same partition. If
you simply want to make it so you have only one option to choose from, then
start - run - type "Edit c:\boot.ini" and remove the line from the non
bootable OS.

--
Elijah Landreth [MSFT]
Enterprise Platform Support

"Rick Harris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had problems with Win200 Pro. Itried all kinds of
> repairs. I eventually decided to re-install Win 2000. Now
> I have 2 Win 2000 on my system, and at boot up I have to
> make a choice. One will not boot up, but the other will,
> however, I can't use all of the programs. I have to re-
> install each program I'm using.

Thank you so very much. How can I get all of my files and
programs to work under the newly installed OS so I don't
have to install the over again.

rh

confers no rights.
>"Rick Harris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> I had problems with Win200 Pro. Itried all kinds of
>> repairs. I eventually decided to re-install Win 2000.
Now
>> I have 2 Win 2000 on my system, and at boot up I have to
>> make a choice. One will not boot up, but the other will,
>> however, I can't use all of the programs. I have to re-
>> install each program I'm using.
>

>.

dl

You should also delete the non working win folder.
Unfortunately you *will* have to reinstall *all* apps to the new o/s