Has Chaintech gone out of the motherboard business?

Bungsta

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Yes, they went out of the motherboard business shortly after making the motherboard that you have, which is also the one I have. It's a sweet board and it has run flawlessly for me for 2 years now, I was sad to see Chaintech leave.

G

bought out by walton, now walton chaintec, making memory and gfx cards, i love my apogee, has run perfectly for nearly5 yrs now flat out, would have stuck with them if they still made boards, cant beleive i can get 1000+ on fsb of board nearly 5 yrs old.

oldandslow

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
The first time i built a system since 3 or 486? days I built myself an amd 3200 on a asus k8v. While I was creating this, my daughter was jelous and in need herself. So I trimmed the 'cool' stuff from my build and made her one too. The chaintech mb (i dont remember the model); I selected for her, was easier more reliable ETC....It is still in service at a friend's house. (he has low gaming needs) I am now building a new intel machine and the first thing i discovered was I cant buy another chaintech MB.

My asus p5k pro w/ e8400 attached is sitting in the floor inside the antec 900 waiting for the rest of the components. I really wish It was a current Chaintech product.