Error message upon attempting printer driver install

After upgrading from Windows Me to Windows 2000 I am having
difficulty loading the printer drivers for my Epson Stylus
Color 880. When the driver attempts to install the error
message "SETUP caused a General Protection Fault in module
KRNL386.EXE at 0003:0BD4" Then "Choose close. SETUP will
now close" pops up. Does anyone out there no how to work
around this problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about error message attempting printer driver install

    There is no supported upgrade path from WinME to Windows 2000. Format and
    reinstall.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Alan H." wrote:
    | After upgrading from Windows Me to Windows 2000 I am having
    | difficulty loading the printer drivers for my Epson Stylus
    | Color 880. When the driver attempts to install the error
    | message "SETUP caused a General Protection Fault in module
    | KRNL386.EXE at 0003:0BD4" Then "Choose close. SETUP will
    | now close" pops up. Does anyone out there no how to work
    | around this problem?

Printer Driver Error Message Windows