Tuniq - need an online store that ships to Canada

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Hi
I'm looking for a reputable online store that ships to Canada, in order to buy a Tuniq Tower 120. Suggestions?
Thanks

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hi
I'm looking for a reputable online store that ships to Canada, in order to buy a Tuniq Tower 120. Suggestions?
Thanks
I've ordered from them quite a few times....no problems..i like them. Just go with the cheapest shipping, as the faster shipping rates get silly. You'll still have it within 4-5 days.

FrozenCPU

GL :)

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
've ordered from them quite a few times....no problems..i like them. Just go with the cheapest shipping, as the faster shipping rates get silly. You'll still have it within 4-5 days.

FrozenCPU

Thanks!
They ship UPS exclusively and UPS has a customs clearance fee when shippign from US to Canada.
I will order from them if I get no other suggestion, I'll wait a bit to see if others come up.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
've ordered from them quite a few times....no problems..i like them. Just go with the cheapest shipping, as the faster shipping rates get silly. You'll still have it within 4-5 days.

FrozenCPU

Thanks!
They ship UPS exclusively and UPS has a customs clearance fee when shippign from US to Canada.
I will order from them if I get no other suggestion, I'll wait a bit to see if others come up.Most of my orders from there to Ontario cost ~$13 S/H. I usually don't have to pay at the border too.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
Well...

As I expected, UPS is the bane for US-Canada shipments.

On top of the cost of the Tuniq Tower and shipping, I ended up paying 12$ GST (to be expected) and a whoppping 32$ in UPS customs brokerage fee. almost as much as the item itself!

I should have remembered not to order from stores that solely use UPS for delivery to Canada.

As a comparison, I just received a teleseries (on DVD) from USA Amazon.com through Xpress Post.... no brokerage fee.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Well...

As I expected, UPS is the bane for US-Canada shipments.

On top of the cost of the Tuniq Tower and shipping, I ended up paying 12$ GST (to be expected) and a whoppping 32$ in UPS customs brokerage fee. almost as much as the item itself!

I should have remembered not to order from stores that solely use UPS for delivery to Canada.

As a comparison, I just received a teleseries (on DVD) from USA Amazon.com through Xpress Post.... no brokerage fee.
Sorry to hear that. I feel bad for recommending them. I've never had to pay those fees from FrozenCPU. My last order from them was in early Oct/06. :oops:

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
No biggie. Just thought I'd give a heads up to fellow canadians.

Didn't have much choice though. Those TT120 aren't everywhere.