  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 10, 2004 12:58:22 PM

In RBY, GSC, and RS, what is the max level, that the Pokémon can be trained into?

Michael K. P.

More about : max level pokemons

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 5:01:25 PM

"Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In RBY, GSC, and RS, what is the max level, that the Pokémon can be
trained into?

> Michael K. P.

Legitimately, Level 100 in all of them. I believe there used to be some
kind of Rare Candy cheat in RBY that could let you level them up to 255, but
then if you gave them a Rare Candy at 255 they went back down to 0 (I don't
remember how exactly to do it, though).

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike. Dominik Hasek is the best goalie that ever played
the game of hockey.

Member of the Bomb Ball Bashers Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application pending (hopefully)

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

My PBS Record (RBY):

5-4-7

My PBS Record (G/S):

0-0-0

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...

150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...

249 Pokemon in my Silver version...

249 Pokemon in my Gold version...

249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 5:44:15 PM

"Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In RBY, GSC, and RS, what is the max level, that the Pokémon can be
trained into?

The level is the same for all of the Pokemon games, Level 100 legitamately.

But for Ruby/Sapphire they changed how many effort points were given out for
the stats.

In RBY and GSC you could max out every stat at 255 (I think?) at level 100.
But in RS there are only 510 effort points that you can spread around the
stats. This means that the new generation of pokemon have truly varied
stats, where in the older games pokes all sort of had the same stats.

I wonder what they did in FR/LG? And how about Bite? I know they changed
some other things between RBY and GSC, but Bite stays in my mind for some
reason.

daramark
August 10, 2004 5:44:16 PM

"daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:p N7Sc.12406$a65.510351@news20.bellglobal.com...

> In RBY and GSC you could max out every stat at 255 (I think?) at level
100.
> But in RS there are only 510 effort points that you can spread around the
> stats. This means that the new generation of pokemon have truly varied
> stats, where in the older games pokes all sort of had the same stats.
>
> I wonder what they did in FR/LG? And how about Bite? I know they changed
> some other things between RBY and GSC, but Bite stays in my mind for some
> reason.

Bite is still a Dark-type move, my Biting Blastoise and Nidorina got me
through Sabrina's Gym with ease. (Hey, it was a high-level Nidorina.)
Magneton is still a Steel-type, and Meowth still learns Faint Attack. As
far as moves and Types go, FR/LG follows the rules of G/S/C Kanto.

Stats in FR/LG are calculated the same way that they are in Ru/Sa. There's
a 510 point EV cap, with a maximum of 255 points allowed in any one stat.
Deter Values range from 0-31 (as opposed to 0-15 as in R/G/B/Y), and the two
Special stats are calculated independently (as opposed to being linked, as
in G/S/C).

--Beth
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 5:44:17 PM

"Bandraptor" <bandraptor@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Bite is still a Dark-type move, my Biting Blastoise and Nidorina got me
> through Sabrina's Gym with ease. (Hey, it was a high-level Nidorina.)
> Magneton is still a Steel-type, and Meowth still learns Faint Attack. As
> far as moves and Types go, FR/LG follows the rules of G/S/C Kanto.

I should clarify, when I say that FR/LG follows the rules of G/S/C Kanto, I
mean that the Kanto Pokemon whose Types were changed in G/S/C (Magneton),
and the technique-types that were added for G/S/C (Dark and Steel) still
exist in FR/LG, even though they weren't in the original Red and Green.

The individual Pokemons' learned moves in FR/LG are their Ru/Sa movesets,
NOT their G/S/C movesets.

> --Beth

Anonymous
August 10, 2004 9:06:58 PM

"Michael Kragh Pedersen" <m_kragh_pedersen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In RBY, GSC, and RS, what is the max level, that the Pokémon can be
trained into?

ONE

HUNDRED

MILLION!