CD-RW viewed as CD-ROM

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Mitsumi cd burner installed on windows 2000. It
works fine but the problem I have is that I have different
software that needs to see a cd writer to run. Since
windows only sees my burner as a cd-rom my software only
sees it as a cd-rom. There are no device drivers for my
burner to make windows recognize it as a burner, it just
runs from the Nero software. Does anyone know how I could
get windows to see this device as a cd writer or does
anyone know of a burner that has software to make windows
see it as a burner and not just a cd-rom?????
Thanks in advance for any input you can give me.
Dan

This is a feature of Windows XP. See this article:

306524 How to copy information to a CD in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306524

--
Emmers Presson [MSFT]